Chapter 7

Jordan's POV

I don't understand why Jason's being so not himself. Every since we became friend's again, he almost seems a little bit protective, which I don't mind in most cases. I think he may be protective-or even jealous-about Kyle. Yes, I did make a new friend, but let me get something straight. Jason is still a very good friend of mine, don't get me wrong, but he just needs to understand that Kyle is also someone I'm trying out as possibly more than a friend. I've never, EVER, fallen for anyone before this. Why can't he just be happy for me?

Sorry, I had to rant for a second. Let's get on with this. Me and Sarah are sitting in music theory, learning about stuff we already knew. You know, key signatures, passing tests that everyone else fails, stopping people from screwing with the leftover percussion instruments from the corner.

Though we're not supposed to have our phones in the computer lab, Sarah was just texting Jason from across the room. Our music theory teacher (an underpaid Italian teacher who knows some stuff about music) is about as oblivious to people using their phones as Jerad is to any romantic gesture that Jade is trying to give.

This next part is a dramatic reenactment of the conversation Sarah and Jason were having.

Sarah: What's up?

Jason:...I'm literally two feet away from you, I'm pretty sure you know what I'm doing.

Sarah: Rawr, what's with your mood?

Jason: You know EXACTLY why I'm in a bad mood. I'd just rather not mention it right now.

Sarah: I honestly don't.

Jason: I'll tell you later.

Sarah: WAIT! Wait. I know why ;)

Jason: You say anything more about this topic I will slit your throat.

Sarah:...

That may have been an over exaggeration but whatever. It went something like that. They then put their phones away and went back to the stupid note recognition software. I find this class completely ironic because though they got rid of almost every music related class but yet they still have music theory.

Jason got up to go to the bathroom while Sarah was boringly pressing the notes given to her on the screen, but with a grin on her face.

"What are you smiling about?" I asked curiously with the slightest bit of fear.

"Oh...nothing." She sarcastically said as she kept the same grin going. This was definitely not nothing. It was something about me, I know it. She smirks like that whenever she's hiding something.

Right after she did that awfully awkward and weird gesture, I herd a yell with the slightest bit of voice crack. Yup, that was definitely Jason. Not this again. Is Lauren going to have to pry someone out of a vending machine again?

I ran out to the hallway to see something about as equally terrifying as a terrified Jason in a vending machine, but an angry Jason, a confused Kyle, a very bruised Mason on the floor, and Lauren with a wrench in her hand. What was this about?

"Um, what's going on?" Sarah asked as confused as I was.

Then a bunch of rambling sprouted among the four. I couldn't make out a single word they were saying.

"Hey, shut up!" I yelled to them. "One at a time. Lauren you first, why do you have a wrench in your hand?"

"First of all, when do I not?" Lauren rhetorically asked. "Also, I was walking to the office to get an ice pack for my head when these four idiots were duking it out. When I recognized the fight by yelling, one of the idiots took off. I couldn't tell who it was though."

"Alright, valid reason. How about you, Mason?"

"I tried breaking up the fight but I ended up getting a black eye. I was in the hallway because my teacher sent me out to get a textbook from the teacher library." Mason argued.

"Kyle?"

"I don't even know why." He said scooting away from Jason.

We all looked at Jason with mad suspicion.

"I know you're not going to believe me when I tell you this, but I swear on my life I saw-" Jason was interrupted by the associate principal barging office and yelling.

"Hey, what are you guys doing out of class?" He then looked at Mason's black eye. "Why does Mason look like someone hit him with a mini wrecking ball?"

"Too soon, man." Mason told him.

He just drug us all into the office. We were back to square one.

We all sat down in the office with major confusion as to why ALL of us ended up there. Even Jerad who appeared right before he came out. The same with Zach. Sarah's panic reflex kicked in again.

Zach's POV

Why am I even here?

The principal was pacing back and forth trying to come up with a lecture for each of us. He, of course, started with Lauren as he does have a hate for her.

"Lauren, why do you have a wrench? Tools are not allowed on school property." He started off.

"Sorry, let me put it through your ear. There's enough room in that empty head of yours." Lauren sassily said.

He wasn't even going to try to argue with her, so he just moved on to Mason.

"Mr. Theleck, why are you fighting? You've been acting weird for about a month now. What's going on?"

Mason looked at Lauren weirdly. Then he told a blatant lie.

"Nothing." He said rather quickly.

He then moved on to Jerad who just basically told it as it is.

This process continued on until the last person, then he got really stern with all of us at the same time.

"I've been looking to talk to all of you. You see, someone brought attention to me that you guys are building a structure on school property. Who's bright idea was it to do this?" He yelled.

We all tried not to look at Lauren, but Jason kind of ruined it.

"Not surprised that Lauren would do a scheme like this. I suggest you guys take it down before I end up calling the police."

"Wait a second," Mason interrupted. "Who told you this?"

"That information is confidential."

Jerad got a weird look on his face, then he stood up out of his chair.

"It was Anna wasn't it?" Jerad yelled.

All of us were in shock with confusion.

"Mr. Prostein, I suggest you speak nothing about this whole meeting to anyone. Take the building down within the next month or their will be consequences in your future."

We all walked out to the hallway and we all went behind the staircase.

"So, are we going to take it down?" Mason asked awkwardly.

"No." Lauren said with a chuckle.

Expected.

"Well I got to go, it won't be long before my history teacher notices I've been gone for awhile." Lauren said as she began running up the staircase.

"Same here, my health teacher doesn't even know I'm gone." Jerad said as he went to the pool lobby.

"I'm going back to music theory though he's probably still sitting in his office." Sarah said going down the choir hallway.

"Yeah I got to go to. Bye Kyle!" She then pecked him on the lips as he left for the science hallway. Jordan went down the same hallway Sarah did.

It was completely silent, and I could hear Jason's heart breaking two feet away from me.