Proof

After successfully booking Marshall a gig she got a phone call from her mom saying that her Uncle Simon was coming by to visit.

Uncle Simon was a character..he was funny and always acted as a dad to her  since her real one got murdered when she was 9 years old in some kind of awful situation involving to guys.

She still remembers the night her mom had told her what had happened. It was hard forgetting it because so many people had come over that night. Police, relatives, friends..and all of them wore the same sad expression.

But she shook that night from her mind knowing that if she thought anymore about it she would surely regret it.

She told her mom she should be done with work soon and would come straight home to help cook dinner.

"Hey Cynphony how are you?" Marshall asked taking a seat next to me some music blaring from his headphones.

"I'm good, thanks for giving me this job..I actually really needed it." She confessed suddenly embarrassed that she was telling him how broke she was.

"No problem, have you been looking for anything else?" He asked interested in what she might be looking for in a job.

"Well even though its temporary something along these lines..except I actually really want to be a stylist." She informed admiring the outfit that he was wearing.

She saw his Nike shoes that were grey match with his cargo pants and his top go perfectly with the black jacket he was wearing.

All in all she thought he looked nice yet really like a rapper ready to jump into a rap battle at any moment..and win.

"Really, a stylist?" He smiled.

"Yeah, why the face?" She awkwardly laughed trying to figure him out.

"Well you might be in luck..believe it or not..I need a stylist." He spoke his tone low probably for no other guys would hear.

She's been with enough guys to know that they hate getting styled by anyone but themselves especially girls..the last guy she styled was applying for a job and had no sense of style but he still rather have went to the interview in some ugly corduroy pants then to let me style him.

Needless to say..

He didn't get that job.

"Why, you look like you dress fine." She said a blush forming on her face.

It's times like these she was over joyed to be black cause it didn't show.

He gave a chuckle shaking his head at the comment. "Nope, you call this shit nice? I just went into the dirty clothes pile and plopped this on." He admitted.

I laughed at how vague he was. "Well, you plopped on some nice material."

"So." He said sounding serious.

''So?"

"So will you be my stylist?" He asked.

"Huh!? You were serious, I don't actually have any professional resumes to show you..I just style my people in the hood!" She explained shocked that this man was offering her a job she barely had any experience in.

"Well..you gotta start somewhere so why not with me?" He shrugged.

My eyes widened and then he realized how wrong that really sounded.

"NOT LIKE THAT-I mean with getting one foot in the door to start you career." He quickly added.

"I get ya." She laughed finding it hilarious how he was stumbling over his words like a school boy.