Chapter One.

I sat in class, eying the clock, it's the last day of Junior year and as per usual, it's taking forever for the time go by. I looked over at Ashlen, who had the exact same expression as I did. All of us had our final period together, I looked at Mac, who then looked at me. We smirked as the clock continued ticking, we only have a few minutes before they finally let us out of this hell hole.

I snatch my phone from inside of my pocket and send a group text to all of the girls. I watch closely as they all pull their phones out simultaneously and each begin typing away on their keyboards.

Dev: You guys in for the party at Matt's tonight? ;)

Cash: Hell yes!!!

Mac: Bitch Where? Lol jk, definitely though.

Ash: Hella down, meet after school?

Dash: Yeah, bae.

Maze: Dude, please.

Yeah, we like to party. But what teenager doesn't? We aren't hoes though, and never plan to be. Matthew Espinosa was a pretty good friend of mine and Maze's older brother. He threw lots of great parties so it wasn't a big surprise when he was throwing a 'Beginning Of Summer' bash.

The bell finally rang, it was almost as if a stampede was headed out of the classroom door, but we somehow managed to get out safely. I had already gotten all of my stuff out of my locker so I just had to carry what was in my bag home. Ashlen was driving, we take turns driving throughout the week. It's a pretty normal routine for us.

"You guys ready for three hours of getting ready?" I laughed out as we walked down the hallway.

"You know it, bitch." Mac said as we stopped at her locker.

"Who's car are we taking?" Dash furrowed her eyebrows, asking us the seemingly dumb question. I rolled my eyes, I love her to death but she isn't the brightest of our group.

"We're going to catch a ride there and then walk home, or stay the night depending how drunk we are. We do this every time we go to a party. You should know this, D." Maze explains, clearly irritated with her question. Dash's mouth forms into an O shape as she realizes her own stupidity.

"Is everyone ready?" Ashlen asks, she's like the mother of our group- being the oldest, it kind of fits her. We all nod in unison and walk out of the ugly place we call high school.

***

"Alright, now remember text us when Cam's on his way. We should all be ready by then." Ashlen reminds me as I get out of the passenger seat. Cameron is another one of my good guy friends he's a year older than all of us but a total sweetheart. "Yeah yeah, mom." I tease while I slam the car door shut, I hear them take off behind me before I even get up the stairs to my front porch, I shake my head with a small smile on my face.

I run upstairs to my room but before I can even manage to get into my room I'm stopped by my annoying brother, Jace. "What are you doing home so early?" He asks with an eyebrow raised. "Dude, you might want to recheck the time, it's almost three thirty." I snap and shove past him into my bedroom. He irritates the shit out of me, he tries to tell me what to do and he's only a year older than me. At his graduation he made me come up on stage with him just so he could remind everybody that I'm his 'baby sister'.

I shake off Jace irritating me and throw my bag down. Time to start getting ready for the party, I pull out my phone and send another text to the group chat.

Dev: Send me pics of what you girls are wearing when you're all done getting ready. :* Love you!!!

Minutes later I received texts all replying to mine. I smile as I read them before setting my phone down and deciding to shower.

I walk out of my room, across the hallway, and into our bathroom. I take about a thirty minute shower, I wrap myself in a towel and walk back into my room to decide on what I'm wearing tonight. (Outfit Above)

I spend another thirty minutes trying on and taking off clothes before I finally decide on what I'm wearing for tonight. I sit down in front of my mirror, doing my makeup, I put on some music and sang along to 'I Think I'm In Love by Kat Dahlia'. This is my favorite song at the moment.

I finish up my makeup and start on my hair, I sigh as I continue doing my hair. I'm happy and excited about going to the party but sometimes it feels like something's missing.

I finish up my hair and look at the time. It's almost seven, I smirk at my finishing time and decide on texting Cameron.

Dev: Are you ready?

Cammy: Yeah, we still picking up your friends?

Dev: Yes, thanks Cam.

Cammy: No problem Dev.

I smirk at his text, I grab everything I might need, such as my phone, house key, and knife. (For protection)

*Skip Car Ride*

We made it to the party safe, obviously. The place smells of weed, alcohol, and sweat. Smells like any other high school party we've been to. The girls look amazing, I'm proud of their outfits honestly. We decide on getting a drink so we all head into the kitchen, grabbing whatever we can get our hands on.

We all went our separate ways after we had our drinks in the small kitchen. I was sitting on the couch when I felt the couch dip beside me, I looked up to the dimpled cheek, tattooed boy next to me.

"Oh, hey Nate." I smiled up at him.

"Hey, lil' mama. What are you doing by yourself at this party, where's your little gang?" He asked through a sideways smile.

"They're off doing their own thing, you know how it goes." My lips purse lightly.

"Ahh, well if you need me sometime, here's my number." He said, while handing me a piece of some ripped notebook paper. I smile before folding it up and putting it into my pocket.

I saw the girls up and dancing with each of their 'flings' for the night.

***

The party went well and now each of us are hammered walking to our 'spot'. We go there whenever we are planning something or just don't have anything to do which is the case right now. Dash stayed at the party to hang out with some guy she's come to recently like.

We walked through the bushes and came to our flower filled meadow hill, we all plopped down and started talking about stupid shit since we're all wasted and saying stupid stuff anyways.

I heard something in the bushes, but no one listened as I tried to get their attention, I grabbed my knife from inside of my pocket and stumbled towards where I was hearing the noises coming from. Someone jumped out, trying to tackle me and I did something I never thought I'd have to do.

I pushed the knife in their chest without thinking.