| v. GOLD

FIVE

FIVE.
GOLD

A CHILL passed over Wila's spine as she clambered out of the maintenance hatch and into a dusty hallway, which was completely empty. She found herself shivering, surprised by her sudden stroke of luck. She had thought she would find a dozen storm-troopers, and perhaps even Darth Vader himself, at the top of the hatch, but somehow, it seemed as if her luck was changing.

She raised her blaster, glancing up and down the small hallway, before reaching back and knocking twice on the hatch door. While she lurked at the mouth of the corridor, the hatch, once again, swung open, and out clambered Leia. Wila glanced back, humming once, before holding her hand out to help the girl out, and safely to her feet.

Without a second thought, Wila started leading Leia down the hall, fully prepared to abandon the others. Leia looked hesitant for a moment, but still chose to follow her, until a quick shout from down the hall stopped them both. "Hey! Where're you going?" Wila spun around with a glare, narrowing her eyes at Luke, who stood with a genuine frown on his face, "Are you leaving us?" He questioned, looking slightly hurt.

Wila's expression hardened. "You didn't think we'd stay, did you?"

Luke shifted uncomfortably for a short moment, awkwardly shrugging his shoulders. "Well, do you have a ship?" He asked them, glancing between Wila and Leia, and finding that neither of the two were that easy to look at without feeling intimidated. Neither said anything for a long moment, and so Luke nodded. "So, how do you think you're gonna get away? Back to the rebel base, even? As far as I know, your best bet is with us. We have a ship, plenty of blasters, and a Jedi."

A light curse spilled passed Wila's lips, before she was suddenly dropping Leia's arm and stroppily marching back towards the maintenance hatch, where Chewbacca was just clambering out. "If I get killed because of you, I'm dragging your ass down with me," She grumbled, widening her eyes angrily when Chewbacca let out an angered roar, falling into her and almost drowning her in his trash-sodden fur. "Watch it, dog!" She barked at him, shoving the big Wookiee off of her, just as Han bumbled out from the trash compactor.

"Hey! Hands off him!" Han barked abruptly, raising his blaster to aim at her threateningly, his glare harshening when Wila raised her blaster too, pointing it back at him. Chewbacca raised his bowcaster, aiming it at Wila, before Leia snatched Luke's blaster off of him, and then aimed it at Chewie, creating a circle of violence.

Luke pushed in front of Wila, standing in the center of the rough circle, his hands raised in an attempt to placate his companions. "Hey, hey, now!" He exclaimed quickly, trying to stop them from shooting each other, "We're already at a disadvantage at getting out of here, without all of us fighting against each other!"

"Well, what d'you want me to do, Luke? She's got a gun to my head," Han bit back, his blaster still aimed at the woman opposite him.

"I want you to put yours down!"