6. Perfect Storm

"Want to take a walk?" Ella took my hand and dragged me to the door. I glanced at her uncertain. "But we're stuck." I reminded her. She nodded like it was no obstickle.

"But our minds are free. Free to take a walk through dreams. Take a walk to the stars and... to come up with a wish." Her words echoed in my mind like a song.

"A wish... to free us?" Ella smiled. "Smart boy."

"But are we really stuck?" I started wondering out loud. "Isn't this just a perfect storm?" I asked and glanced back at my friends. They were all peacefully sleeping and it pulled a smile up my face.

NamJoon stealing the whole blanket from Jin as he just groaned letting his friend take it. Jimin was burying his head in Taehyung's shoulder as alien-boy did nothing about it. Hoseok was all over the floor with several pillows as Yoongi barely moved. Even his chest wasn't going up and down. But I knew he's still alive. Just that sleep is Yoongi's element.

"What did we do all night? We spent it awake, we wasted time." Ella's words were cruel and I wanted to immediately object. But then I realized something. It was meant to provoke me. To get into an argument. To forget what I understood tonight. Ella smiled then she noticed that I understood.

"JungKook?"

"Yes?"

"You asked me about the North Star, right?"

"Correct."

"I think you are the North Star."

The morning came. I yawned and streched. My stare stopped by my friends they were awake and talking with one another. Taehyung waved at me as I woke up and my gaze imemdiately shifted to the side looking for Ella. I couldn't find her anywhere.

"Come on JungKook, we have to get going. The storm is over." Namjoon said and helped me up from the ground. Neither one of the boys seemed worried by Ella missing. No one stopped the group and questioned aren't we going to say goodbye.

We went outside. The snow was everywhere. I looked at the sides, it seemed that huge piles of snowfklaes there pushed away to the sides from the entrance and now we could walk out. But just last night the way was blocked. It confused me.

"You okay? You seem lost." Jin asked hugging me around the shoulders. "Where's Ella?" My question came out of the blue and everyone stopped turning to me.

"Who's Ella?" Hoseok's voice was excited. As if he was curious to meet some new friends. It didn't help me understand.

"The girl who's cabin we stayed at." I pointed at the little house behind me and everybody titled their heads. Taehyung came up to me and shook me slightly. "Do you have a feever?" Boys chuckled.

"No, but I'd like to know what's going on." I stated followoing others to the car. They didn't stop to glance back at the cabin. "Jungkook, I think you slept for too long." Jimin friendlily messed up my hair and I frowned.

"Yeah it was cold yesterday." Yoongi admited. "But we were lucky enough to find that cabin so fast that we didn't receive any damage." Namjoon added. "Well most of us." He glanced at me. I was really, really lost.

"But how about Ella?"

"Is that how you named that star you've been talking nonstop in your sleep?" Taehyung asked and my heart shook harder. I didn t have an answer, but one idea was twirling in my head like a lonely snowflake in the wind, lost in the blizzard.

I believe in magic. And stars really do fall to make our wishes come true. And one fell just yesterday. To make my wish come true. Her name was Ella.

Next night, the North Star didn't light up in the sky.