29- Mind Games (Caitlyn)

After Morgan, with Mikey following not far behind, it felt like my body just turned off my emotions; not from the spell, but from something I trained myself to do a long time ago so I wouldn't be in pain from things like this. I felt both Don and Raph's presence leave the room, but not Leo's, instead I felt him come closer to me. "It'll all work out you know, you and your sisters are strong" he said.

                I sighed "Leo, you don't know that for sure; we may have to fight our sisters! If a demon… if Nightmare is controlling them Kylee and Rebecca will see us as the enemies instead of their sisters. They'll try to kill us because Nightmare will deem it so." I said, my voice raising as I went on. Why can't he just understand this?

"Caitlyn-"

                "I'd really just prefer it if I was alone for a while Leo. I need to start to focus on saving my sisters now.” I spoke with no emotion at all as I went to my things and grabbed the Book of Shadows. He didn't leave, but can I blame him? It is his home after all. He sighed and I felt him sit next to me on the couch.

 "At least let me help." he asked me.  Was he... pleading?  No.  That would imply that he cared…

"Leo, it's our fight and this is a battle of good versus evil. A battle that began since magic came into the world! You and your family don't know enough about magic, and we don’t need to worry about your four while we fight this out." I explained, somewhat impatiently. He looked hurt and it made me feel terrible as he got up. "Wait... Leo, I... Look I just don't want you to get hurt from our fight... With grandfather back, he'll be commanding Kylee and Becca what to do." I said.

Leo stopped in his tracks and I knew it was because Morgan had told the guys who our mother was.

"Grandfather? What do you mean by he's back?"

 'Leo, you kame baka, stop playing dumb!' I thought. "Well he left when Mo and I were infants, but I saw pictures our mother had of him." I said, spitting mother like it was poison.

I saw him thinking for a moment until he asked one question I feared - what we are gonna do about my sisters?  I was terrified because I didn't know what to do. Magic comes so naturally to me like Morgan with her pranks, Rebecca with school… Kylee with her temper; to feel like this helpless made me feel weak, like I shouldn't have been born a witch.

"I-I don't know what to do, Leo." I whispered. "I... My sisters were always the super witches all I can do is rhyme, orb, & heal! What good is being a witch if I can't protect my sisters!" I cried. Yeah I was crying, something I hardly did anymore since gram's funeral because I felt like I had to be strong for my sisters while they were breaking down.  I felt Leo hold me, heard him whispering calming words to me. After a while I took a deep, shaky, breath before whipping away the tears. "I'm sorry Leo, you didn't need to see that." I mumbled into his plastron.

"Caitlyn it's all right I know that feeling... I get it all the time when I fail to protect my brothers." he told me. "Let's go look in the book and try to find something till your sister gets here, ok?" I nodded just as Morgan and Mikey came in. Irony much?

                I forced a small smile "Hey you guys. Morgs, can you give me a hand with the book please" I asked quickly, just now realizing the position I was in.

"Sure thing, Kit Kat." She chirped, smirking.

 'Oh crap, she's planning something' I thought. Morgan was already at the Book of Shadows, so I started over to her.

"Come on Mikey, let's give them some alone time to figure things out." Leo said. As I sat down I felt Mo's hand on my shoulder.

 "Sooooo, you and Leo? I was wondering when you'd tell each other." she said with a grin, and I blushed.

"Wh-what cha m-mean Morgs? We were just talking." I stuttered, face bright red.

I saw her grinning like a manic and quickly averted my eyes to the book. "Come on Caity, you can't hide emotions from me, you know that; so why deny it?" my sister asked. If looks could kill she'd be scorching fire right now, because if even possible, my face got brighter red- but this time I didn't stutter.

 "Morgan it's not like that! Leo and I are just good friends... Besides it'd never work out I'm not a turtle nor is he a human; I wish it could work, but-" I stopped, frozen, as I realized what I'd just said - I told Morgan that I like Leo! Once more she grinned; only this time it was an 'I told you so' grin.

 "That's all I need to hear little sister, that's all I needed to hear." she stated with a smile before returning her gaze to the Book of Shadows.