E I G H T

She stood in the center, staring down the boy who she had grown up with and now turned into protectors of the night who were once loyal and just to her. Now each of their eyes held a different emotion, and to Violet, none of them were in her favor.

One thing was certain though, she had gotten her grand entrance. Jake was still recovering from his short torture, the marks where her fingernails dug deeper into his smooth skin still predominant as he rubbed away.

Violet held her ground, head high as she waited for someone to speak, knowing this was the moment that could possibly break the already frail world she had been thrust upon or fortify the bond each boy had with the tan brunette.

Sam was the first to react, his long limbs cradling the younger Uley and crushing her to his large chest. Vi let out a small huff of pain as he literally crushed her, her cheek smacking against his scorching hot chest as her older brother continued to tighten the hold he already had. The eldest Uley had been worried sick for days, barely sleeping, always running the boarder, and his nerves getting the best of him every time he even heard so much as a scream.

He kept her tight, lingering in his sisters warm smell and rejoicing in the fact she was once again on her turf.

"I missed you too Sammy," her muffled words were heard from everyone, she was using his nickname. The one she was solely allowed to use as the pack and even Emily knew it was far too special.

He let her go, keeping a straight face as pulled the hair out of her face to check she was still her. Sure enough there was the dark brown eyes with swirls of caramel in them just like his mothers. His thumbs pressed over her soft cheeks, noting how every freckle was still intact and her skin was still warm. The tall man didn't know exactly what he had though could have happened, but her turning was definitely a storm gone even though there was a high chance that could not happen.

"You're still you," the words leaving his lips before he could think.

Vi didn't quite know what to say, in part she felt hurt, a slight cut to her heart when she realized that Sam genuinely though Emmett would ever hurt her. She knew wholeheartedly that her imprint would never be capable of it, and she presumed Sam would know as well. Turns out she was wrong, he brother was just like the entire pack.

"What did you say?" She retorted, pushing his hands away and scrunching her face in anger. "Sam, did you think Emmett was going to hurt me? I can't believe this."

"Violet, please." He murmured, knowing exactly the repercussions of his words.

"Please what? Just because my imprint isn't the ideal person you all think I'm a vampire? Are you all out of your fucking mind?" She yelled, tearing her eyes away from Sam and eyeing everyone of her pack members down. "News-fucking-flash idiots, vampires are not everything you've fucking heard. All because some bitter ancestors bad mouthed them for what? Being different? Killing people? Protecting themselves? Being unnatural?"

Her almond shaped eyes were simmering with pure fury, enough to keep all their mouths shut. Not even Leah who would have gladly been the first to speak up said a thing.

"What the fuck do you think we are!" She screamed, throwing her hands up. "You turn into fucking wolves! You have the capability to tear anyone or anything apart! You're the fucking size of a truck and yet you think you have the right to judge others? And I know exactly what you're thinking, I'm a fucking hypocrite for saying this shit because just last month I was in your mindset... well guess what? Shit happens and people change, you grow and move the fuck on from old rivalries! So yes, go ahead and fucking judge me for imprinting on a vampire, but you will all fucking accept it and move the fuck on. And you know why you will? Because you all owe me that much goddamn respect, even you Sam being the alpha! I made this fucking pack into what it is, without me you all would be tearing each other limb from fucking limb! I took care of all of you, I lied, I listened, I let myself be broken for you so grow some fucking balls and know when you have to let bygones be bygones."