I'm So Sorry

Chapter Thirty

Cali - One Week Later

I woke up on my own, when the sunlight shining on my face began to annoy my closed eyelids. My eyes opened slowly and the first thing I noticed was that someone forgot to close those damned curtains. They were paper thin and I had been meaning to buy new ones.

Thinking my body could use some more sleep, I attempted to tug the curtains closed. However, me being Cali, and never being able to do anything gracefully, wound up ripping the curtains right off whatever they were attached to.

I watched as the long pieces of fabric fell to cover both mine and Jay's face. He was snoring lightly but suddenly stopped, obviously sensing something on his face.

"What on earth are you doing?" He said, trying to sound annoyed, but not being able hold in his laugh. I laughed along with him and apologized before throwing the shitty excuse of a curtain on the ground.

I quickly climbed back into bed and tangled my arms and legs in Jay's as we closed our eyes again. Something felt right about being here; being able to call Jay mine. I was never one to believe in soul mates, but me and Jay were pretty damn close if I do say so myself. I wouldn't say we were perfect, but then again, no one is.

"I can't go back to sleep. What about you?" Jay whispered after a few minutes of peaceful silence, only the occasional bird chirps filling the air.

"Nope," I said shyly, popping the 'p.'

"How are you feeling? You okay?" His hand found mine in the mess of sheets we laid in and he brought my hand to his lips. I giggled a little before he released my hand and it fell back to my body.

"I'm fine. I appreciate your concern," I answered truthfully, almost feeling awkward talking to him about this. He always said he didn't want to push me into anything that I wasn't comfortable, but I would always respond with I'm a big girl and would tell him if I wasn't comfortable. Although I did appreciate his patience. I knew how boys could be at this age, considering I had boy cousins who were his age, and I knew waiting had been hard for him.

But I also needed to make sure I was ready. It took a long time for my mind to trust Jay. I needed to make sure he wasn't going to just take advantage and leave. But his patience showed me he wasn't. Adding to the list of why I loved him.

"I'm just checking. You sore?"

That time, I did burst into a fit of laughter. It felt so awkward, yet okay talking about the whole thing.

"Perfectly fine." I kissed his lips quickly and tried to get out of the bed. But someone's muscular arm stopped me and pulled me back. He decided my quick kiss wasn't good enough, so finally ten minutes later, he released me to take a shower.

"Turn around," I whispered as I sat up, the sheets still covering my bare chest.

"Why? Seen it all before," he replied with a chuckle, sitting up and rubbing his eyes with his palms.

"Ugh. I forgot I was dating a pervert," I huffed as I smacked him in the face with my pillow. That turned out to be a really bad move. In a minute flat, I was pinned against the bed, Jay hovering over me until I apologized. In between fits of laughter, I finally apologized and made a mad dash to the bathroom, praying to the great lord above that Preston wasn't down in the barn with the horses. We weren't close enough for him to see me stark naked.

I showered and Jay was still sitting in the bed, looking as if he hadn't moved an inch. While I thought he had gone back to sleep, I changed but thanks to his pervish ways, he exclaimed that he saw me, and then continued on to tell me how beautiful and perfect I was.