Prologue

Luke's Pov
12 years ago...

"Dad, where's Mummy?" I asked. Tomorrow was my fifth birthday and I wanted to ask if my new friend Tyler could come.

"Oh, um, Mummy's going on a trip, buddy." He said quietly. I saw my brothers, Jack and Ben, sitting on the sofa crying. (In this Jack and Ben are a lot older than Luke)

"When will she be back?" I asked.

"Well-uh-You know that Mummy is very sick, right?" He spoke in a shaky voice.

I nodded. "Yeah, she has that thing that's named after me! Lukekemia!" I exclaimed, proud for remembering.

"Leukaemia. Yes. Well, the doctors said Mummy had to go see the angels so they can take care of her. She's gonna live with them now, bud." He sniffled.

"Why? Why can't she live with us anymore?" I asked, tears in my eyes. My Mummy wasn't going to live with us anymore.

"I don't know, pal." He sighed.

"Will she visit?" I asked hopefully.

"I don't think so."

4 years ago...

"Dad, I'm home!" I called, tossing my backpack onto the couch and closing the apartment door.

   After my mother died when I was five, my father had to move us to an apartment so he was able to pay all the bills with only his income. My brothers tried to help out by sending us some money but they were in uni now and needed all of the money they made for themselves. I was only 13 so I couldn't get a job. It was hard but we made it work.

"Dad?" I called out again. I got no answer.

      I walked into the apartment further, checking the kitchen, no one, his bedroom, empty, then I went to the bathroom. My father was laying on the ground eyes open but not moving to look at me. The sink was running and beginning to overflow so I quickly turned it off. I knelt down next to my Dad and grabbed his wrist to feel for I pulse. There was none. My breathing picked up and I quickly pulled my phone from my pocket. I dialled 000 and told the lady at the other end what was happening. She said and ambulance was on its way. I then called Ben and Jack and they arrived just before the ambulance did. We were all in tears as they put a sheet over our father and told us there was nothing they could do.
        The next day, someone contacted us saying that because my brothers would be unable to care for me, I would have to go live with my Aunt Carla and my Uncle Joseph. By the next week Jack and Ben were kissing my forehead and telling me they'd visit when they could before leaving me at a large house with a man and won giving me icy glares.

Present Day...

"Move it, fag." My cousin, Rachel, sneered as she pushed me out of her way, almost causing me to fall down the stairs.

I just pressed myself to the wall and let her, Valentine, and Joey run to the kitchen for breakfast, knowing Joey would slug me if I didn't. It was probably pathetic. A seventeen year old being pushed around by a 10 year old, 14 year old, and 15 year old, but to be fair, I'd always been too timid to stand up for myself. It was pathetic and shitty, but it was my life.
...
A/n: Luke's cousins are asses. 5 year old Luke was cute tbh, and sorry if that's not how 5yo talk, I have no siblings so idk. Hope you enjoyed. Bye lovelies!:3

-Lannah