One

Luke's Pov

I sighed as I neared my school. It was the first day of my senior year and I was not excited. But then again who would be excited to be beaten up by the most popular guys in school? To have their peers spit words like 'faggot' and 'worthless' at them? To have teachers look at them disgustedly just because they like the same sex? Not even a hardcore masochist would. I pulled my hoodie sleeves down a little further as I entered the building.
I anxiously walked to my locker and opened it. I shakily placed my backpack inside as well as take out my green chemistry binder and my black pencil case. I shut the teal painted metal door as quietly as I could and timidly walked to my class, doing my best to ignore the glares and words thrown at me. I was almost to my class when a tiny boy with tan skin and black hair approached me.

"H-hi. U-um, d-do y-you h-h-have th-this-s cl-class t-t-t-too?" He stuttered quietly, motioning to the classroom I was going towards.

"Yeah." I answered softly.

"D-do y-yo-you mi-mind if-f I-I si-sit with-th you?" He asked.

"No." I said.

"Th-thanks. I-I'm C-Calum-m." He smiled.

"Luke." I replied.

As we entered the classroom, he spoke again. "B-b-by th-the wa-ay, I'm-m no-not mu-mute o-or any-anything, I w-was-s j-just-t b-bo-born-n wi-with a-a sp-speech im-im-impediment. But y-you d-don't seem l-like m-much o-o-of a-a ta-talker-r s-so if-f we-we're g-gonna-a b-be f-fr-friends, y-you'll-l ha-have to get-t u-us-used t-t-to it." Calum said.

I nodded. I didn't mind his stutter. It was just nice to have someone talk to me. We sat in the back of the classroom and he told me that he had just moved from New Zealand over the summer. I just nodded and listened, throwing in hums to assure him that I was indeed still listening.

He instantly shut his mouth when someone sat in front of us. It was a boy with curly caramel hair and big biceps. He was friends with the jocks that bullied me. He had never even spoken to me, he just gave me sympathetic looks whenever his friends beat me up. It was Ashton Irwin. Soon, one of his jock friends and my main bully, Xavier, sat down next to him. I swallowed hard. This was already gonna be hell.
-

By lunch, Calum and I had already discovered that we, luckily, had every class together. It was a bit strange for that to happen but whatever at least I'd have someone. It was now last period which was music. We had a new teacher because our last one, Mrs. Jones, retired. We entered the class and sat in the back, again. This time, Calum didn't talk at all, he just sat. This gave me time to properly look at him.

He was short, probably about 5'5 which was two inches shorter than myself being 5'7, he had very tan skin that was covered by a black and white baseball tee and black jeans that were supposed to be skinny but were quite baggy on Calum's skinny frame. His black hair was fluffy and in a short fringe. He had big brown eyes and full lips and I noticed that he had tattoos on his hands. He didn't seem like the type to have them but who was I to judge.

I didn't notice that the bell had rung until a voice spoke.

"Good afternoon, class. I'm your new music teacher, Mr. Clifford. Now, let me tell you a little about me an then we can go around the class and do the same. We'll give our name, age, and one thing about us." The pale man at the the front of the room spoke. He brushed his blonde hair out of his eyes. "I'm Michael Clifford, I'm 28, and I spent six years of my life in America. Next, how about you with the purple hair, then we'll go row by row."

"I'm Felicity Reynolds, I'm 17, and I own three horses." The girl spoke.

I tuned out until it was Calum's turn.