Centuries

It had been three years and he wasn't here. Three years. He said that he'd be done in one. He's called me once during the three years, telling me that he was sorry for the long wait. I didn't believe him. Did he not care about our love or our child together?

During the three years, Mikey, his little brother, has been comforting me and telling me how good I am at waiting. I didn't believe him. I'm going crazy. How could I be doing good if I'm going crazy over this wait?

"Frank?" I heard Mikey call from behind me. "He wants you."

It had been about two years and three months since I've given birth to my baby boy, Isaac. He has hazel eyes like Gerard's and he has dark brown hair like mine. He has Gerard's nose and his lips but he has my energy, making it hard to take care of him when he's hyped up on sugar.

I named him Isaac Iero. He has nothing to do with the bastard that I am dating. When he gets back, he better fucking give me a good explanation. If he doesn't, I'm taking the kid with me. I'm done waiting for Gerard. Every day gets worse and worse as it progresses.

I nodded at Mikey, getting up from my bed and walking to Isaac's crib. There he laid, looking sweet as ever. I picked him up, his chin on my shoulder as I bounced him.

"Any news from Gerard?" I asked as I felt Mikey's presence came into the room.

"Yeah, actually," Mikey said. "He's coming back today." Mikey then smiled wide, clearly excited.

What if Gerard was lying to get our hopes up? Or what if Mikey had been lying to make me feel better but crush me in the end? I couldn't believe this; this was too good to be true. 

"I can't believe it," I whispered to myself. "I don't believe it. It can't be real. It's a fragment of my imagination and I'm just gonna ignore it."

"Frank," Mikey whispered. "Don't say that. He told me that he's already in Jersey. He'll be here in an hour. I promise."

I continued to bounce the baby, wanting to cry but unable to cry. This is all too much. This can't be happening. I must be dreaming.

---

He did come back. He came back with black hair and a big smile, asking why I wasn't smiling.

"Aren't you happy that I'm back?" He asked. I shrugged.

I didn't know which was worse. Him being gone with me not getting any news or him being back after all of that. It made me wanna scream at him and slap him but I know better.

"I'm happy that I'm back. I missed you, Frankie," Gerard smiled softly.

"Then why didn't you call in anytime? I waited by the phone for the first three months, giving up. waited. What even took so long?" I yelled, getting angry. "You made me feel like our relationship was a dream. You made me feel like you ditched Mikey and I. Also, our baby boy doesn't even know who you are!" I started crying, unable to talk. I felt him hug me and I wanted to hug him back, pushing him away instead. "Don't think that you can f-fix this with a hug!"

"I'm sorry," he whispered, frowning instead of smiling. That made me feel bad because I caused that frown on his face.

I didn't know what to think.

This was too much.

"I think I'm gonna go.. take a walk. Yeah, I'm gonna take a walk," I nodded, walking out the front door of the Way household. I didn't take Isaac. Isaac can meet Gerard if he needs to. I don't think that he would need to, though. Gerard wasn't there for the two years of his life that he had lived.

--

I came back and I felt a lot better. I walked in and took a deep breath, smiling softly at Gerard.

"Sorry about that. Welcome back home, Gee," I said, hugging him softly.