chapter 2

^^aiden^^

Why so close?

After half an hour of digging through my boxes and sorting out my games, I'd given up and left most of it in the boxes. I'd found my headphones in the box, so that will make my walk easier. I always find everything easier with music to calm me. I got to the stairs, put my foot on the first step then paused. After a second of thinking, i climbed on the banister and slid down, jumping off at the end. My mum came around the corner and looked at me. "Did you just do what i think you just did?" She asked me.

"Depends. What do you think i just did?" I asked, earning a slap to the back of my head.

"Don't be clever, it doesn't suit you." I glared at her but ended up smiling. "Where are you off?"

"I'm going on an adventure. I wanna check out the neighbourhood. I also want to look for food." She chuckled at me and tucked a five pound note into my hoodie pocket.

"If you find food you can spend it but don't be back too late. Have fun on your adventure though." Then she walked away. I put my earbuds in and pressed play, causing panic! At the disco's 'the good the bad and the dirty' to play in my ears. I started to walk down my street, noticing everyone's front gardens were quite similar, but each had a slight difference.

I discovered that the shop was actually on the corner of the street next to mine. When i saw the sign my eyes lit up. I walked in, hearing the bell chime as i did. I looked over at the counter next to the door and smiled at the guy behind the counter. He returned my smile with curiosity in his eyes. "Hey. You must be new here".

"How'd you know?" I asked, wondering if it was that obvious that I'm new.

"Well, I don't remember ever seeing your face and I doubt I'd forget it." He told me. I laughed at the cheesy-ness of what he said.

"Thanks dude, but that was pretty cheesy. If you keep using lines like those, you'll never end up with one of the good ones" he chuckled at me and shook his head.

"I'll take that into consideration". I nodded at him and turned around, heading towards the shelf of food that was calling my name. I took my time to look at each bar of chocolate on the shelf, every bar looking just as good as the next. There is something that catches my eye though; the big bag of m'n'ms. My one true weakness. I keep them in my mind so once I know what I want I can get them. I turn around only to come into contact with something solid. I back up a step and look up slightly, to find a guy about my age standing in front of me. He looked down at me, the look of anger that was on his face was gone in seconds, replaced by a smirk.

"Why so close?" He asked me. Who the hell is this guy? I wondered to myself. He had on a white tank top and a pair of black jeans. His hair was a dirty blonde colour that was messed up. He looked overall what girls my age would call 'hot'. I also noticed his eyes were two different colours. One was blue whereas the other was brown. My eyes look past him for a brief second, noticing pringles on the shelf behind him. I walk past him and grab the salt and viniger flavour ones and turn back to look at him.

"I'm sorry, but it's not my fault you were directly behind me. I was just looking for food to feed a growing girl". He raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

"You seem new around here. That means you don't know me." He held out his hand for me to shake, "I'm aiden peters". I looked down at his hand and scoffed.

"You seem like a douche, and I don't need to know you to realise that" I laugh. A flash of irritation goes through his eyes, making me assume he's never been ignored by a girl."like I said, I'm hungry so I'm going to go now", I turn back around to face the chocolate, deciding that I was definately going to get the m'n'ms. Much to my annoyance, the last pack on the shelf is picked up as I reach for it. I turn back to face aiden with a scowl on my face. "Give them back."

"No way. I saw them first"

"No. You didn't." I say with a forced grin. I reach to take them from him but he just holds them too high up for me to reach. I could probably reach them if I tried jumping but I don't want to. I concidered kicking him in the place where the sun doesn't shine but he's saved by a voice cutting in.

"Aiden, bro. What's taking so long? You only came in to grab a bag crisps" a guy with brown hair and brown eyes says as he stops in front of us. He looks between us and smirks. "Ah, I should've guessed it would be a girl" he chuckled.

"Actually scott, this one just called me a douche and doesn't even know me" he said, the irritation back in his voice. The other guy, I now know as scott, looked at me and then back at aiden.

"Don't worry. She'll come around eventually. All the other girls at school have." He laughed.

"Actually," I said, "I won't be 'coming around' at all. I don't want to be with anyone and like I said, you're a douche." I smiled and walked to the counter, paying for my pringles and then left; catching a glimpse of amusement on scott's face.

I walked through the front door, the smell of pizza overwhelming my senses. I smile to myself and walk into the kitchen. "Hey Kat, I ordered domino's while you were out. I figured you'd be hungry and I couldn't be bothered to cook after sorting out the kitchen." I grinned at her and stared wide-eyed at the two 12" pizza boxes laying open on the counter. One with extra cheese, ham and mushrooms - obviously mine. And my mums peperoni pizza. I picked up my box and looked at my mum who was smiling back at me. "You want to watch a film?" I asked her. She nodded.
"But not too late, you have school tomorrow." I chuckled but agreed anyway. So that's how we ended up sat on the sofa, eating pizza and watching harry potter.