The Neverending Pending

I CANT STOP PENDING STORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day an idea popped in my head to write a story. So I did what any aspiring writer would do. I wrote.

I stared writing and writing and getting comfortable with me setting and plot. My characters were shakily stable and my story was getting there but then....... the unimaginable struck.

It was the attack of the NAG MONSTER!! It only appears in the dark corners of a writers mind where the doubt gland thrives. It sucks all reason and confidence into this little tiny box, where it keeps it as a trophy.

At first, the monster had no physical affect on me. All I heard was the distant whisper of its questions:
What if it's not good enough?
Why would you write that?
Is this really how your story is going to look?

Know the whispers become chants:

No one will read your story!

This is a silly waste of time, I have a better idea.

And that's were I stop to take a "break" , but i don't really come back *laughs nervously* I mean I wanna but I just don't wanna.

Like there's so many different stories I could be writing instead. Like about flying monkey werewolves! Doesn't that sound awesome! It side tracks me terribly. I can't decide whether I should finish that story or go to another story about laser shooting zombie unicorns.

Does anyone else get side tracked with new ideas? Maybe take a detour on procrastination avenue? I'm a frequent visitor.

For example. For those of you (the six or seven of you) that have read my two stories on Tiny Tales you'd see that I have a few stories posted.

BUT IN REALITY I HAVE LIKE 15!!!!!!! You heard me right 15  PENDING STORIES!

I feel so bad about it, but it's like a strange addiction to write another story, when the idea pops in my head. I really want people to read the stories and enjoy them, because I think they're different and quirky, (like all writers) but I can't when I keep stopping.

Another thing is I'm slightly and I mean slightly a perfectionist. Many famous writers would be chastising me for my foolery right now, because I keep on rereading my stories and that's what stops me every time.

If you thought my jumping to different stories was bad, you'd freak on how many times I changed things in my stories. So much so that the plot could change almost three times after I revise.

*sighs* that's why, it gets kinda harder to write, because I want my stories to be perfect and 100% fabulous like John Green or J.K. Rowling.
(But Alien*me*,everything can't be perfect.)

I want it to be perfect though. I want people to feel emotional when they read my stuff. I want them to fall in love with reading like I have. That power to control people's emotions and make them put the book down, because I made them think about EVERYTHING. Just because I wrote a sentence.

It is magical.

NOT TO MENTION I WANT TO KILL THEIR FAVORITE CHARACTERS, BECAUSE I CAN!!!!!
(But in a way so they won't want to kill me *winks)

Sayonara