It Started With A Phone Call

Okay, I have no where else to turn to. I thought about contacting the police, but in all honesty what could they do? So I'm asking you guys to help me. Please.

It started as soon as I left my house. I was running late for work (as usual), and didn't notice my phone vibrating in my pocket. When I got to work I checked the missed call. 851-465-3221. I had no idea who that was and figured I should probably just call it back. I wish I hadn't. Oh how I wish.

Ring ring ring.

A woman's voice comes in from the other side

"Hello and welcome to Five Symmetry. How may I help you?"

"Yeah hi, I got a phone call from this number, and I was just calling back."

"Oh Mr. Clark we were hoping you'd call us back! We have the appointment set and ready! All you have to do is give us your yes or no."

I was very confused. "What appointment are you talking about?"

"You're rescheduling of course! We are very excited to do this, so if you could just give us an answer that would be great!"

That last part sounded kind of - I dunno - angry. I was super curious at this point and decided, fuck it.

"Oh yes, THAT appointment. My answer is of course a yes."

"Great! We'll send a rep to your house this afternoon, goodbye!"

Click.

That was weird at the time, but I decided to just push it to the back of my mind, and get to work. It was a pretty uneventful day, and I soon found myself heading home, excited for the weekend.

When I got home I immediately started freaking out. My front door was wide open, and there was a black car sitting in my driveway. I swerved to the side, parked and ran into my house. There was a frail old man sitting on my couch, staring at me with a stupid grin on his face.

"The fuck are you doing in my house?!"

"Ah, Mr. Clark. So glad you made it on time. I'm here for your rescheduling."

"The hell does that even mean?!"

"Oh dear, no one's told you?"

"Told me what?!" I was starting to get nervous, and even more pissed at this old man with his stupid smile in my house. "Get the hell out!"

"Oh no sir, I'm afraid I can't do that. You set this up" he motioned with a wrinkly hand to my recliner "please have a seat"

I to this day don't know why I listened, but I did. I sat down and looked at his stupid grin.

"You see sir, everyone has their time, and I'm afraid someone out their has decide yours is now up."

I was shocked. I mean, how could I not be? There was some strange old man in my house telling me I was going to..

"Oh now don't start making those crazy thoughts of yours, dear boy. Everything will be quite alright, as long as you qualify for our membership program."

I stood up, there was no way I was going to take this in my own home. "Just get out of my house before I call the cops you freak!"

Then, and I have no idea how, I was back in my chair. The old man's smile was no longer there. Replaced by anger.

"Let me tell you about the membership program." I tried to open my mouth but it wouldn't work. "You see we.... cull the herd, and we've found the easiest and most fun way is to do it for other people. The problem is, we are very low on members, and potential.... Cows." he laughed at his own stupid joke.

"Now boy, I've decided I'll give you a chance... We need our members. So get us, oh, three hundred or so? Then I'll take it from there"

The stupid grin was back, then he left. I could move again. Laying on my coffee table was the number that called me earlier.

851-465-3221.

Help me guys, I don't want to die...