Chapter 20 - May / 1970 - Ten years of friendship / mysterious man.

POV Yasmin.

We are at the beginning of May. Total run in college, internship, Spanish course. I attended a few days ago to a swimming championship organized by the academy. I was second. Not bad. I miss my father and only see you in July, the university holidays and stage. Rog has said that will do two festivals commemorating the anniversary of twenty-one years one in Truro and one here in London.

Soon Rog and I will officially come of age.

Rog, Freddie and Bri have done some testing with bassists. They are looking for a talented bass player for the Queen. But they have not yet found. I believe that soon they will find, meanwhile Tim occasionally rehearse with them, playing the bass because Freddie are composing many songs for the band. My friend as well as an excellent singer and pianist, is proving to be a great composer. Bri has also composing some songs, so that twice a week at least they have tested with the help of Tim, until they found an official bassist.

This weekend will be different. They do not ensaiarão because Rog had already forewarned them that this weekend will be dedicated to only me. You believe? Has a strong reason for this: Rog and I are celebrating ten years of friendship. A beautiful and strong childhood friendship. To this day I remember when I met with Roger ten years old, that beautiful boy blue eyes and hair the color of sun participating in the choir of Truro Cathedral and then being my classmate at Truro School. Since then we not separated more. Of course sometimes stupid fights, but all friendship at some point goes through it. But the love that Rog and I feel is stronger than anything. Our friendship is eternal, so I hope.

Today is Friday. After a tiring day at college and on stage finally get to the apartment. It's almost seven. I take a quick shower. Place a flowered dress. I love flowery dresses put a sneaker. I make a light makeup. Layla help me. She took the dryer and drying the black threads of my hair. Then put curlers in my hair holding well with staples and said:

- In an hour and a half we will take the bobs her hair, my dear. - Smiled my friend. - Meanwhile I will nail your hands.

Layla had a complete kit for manicure and pedicure. It takes away the cuticles of my hand, sandpaper my nails and then passes a baby pink enamel.

- If Freddie was here to insist you go black enamel on the nail. - Smiled my friend.

- That I will not follow the follies of our friend Freddie. - I smile.

The enamel on my nail was perfect. After a long time Layla takes the bobs of my hair. The wires are much more curly. The way I wanted. Instead of putting my flower headband Layla took a small butterfly-shaped loops and put in my hair.

- Yasmin, you look beautiful. - she smiled. - A truly princess. It's amazing, you soon will twenty-one years, but has a face of a fifteen year old. You are very beautiful.

- You who are beautiful my friend. - I smiled at Layla. - Thanks for the help. Rog is coming soon. - said eagerly.

- What fancy huh. Dine out today at the Italian restaurant so much that you wanted to go. The restaurant is a fortune.

- I know Layla until told Rog go to a simpler place, but you know what he did? For a while he is collecting money that wins stage to take me to this restaurant. He will pay my dinner today. Friend who does this to a friend?

- Rog is different, Yasmin. It is a very special friend, especially for you. It's ten years of friendship with you. You are everything to him. Takes the night.

- It's tomorrow? It is my great courage participate in a car race with Roger. I was crazy to accept, Layla. Now it's gone. He wants adventure and go with it. - I smile.