Prolouge - request

A girl sat in a room, facing a computer screen. Her long red hair was tied back in a long braid down her back, and her blue green eyes peered out from behind a pair of spectacles. Her fingers danced along the keyboard as she searched for the information she needed.

A post-it note was stuck on the side of the computer, one out of the many post-it notes that were stuck to the notice board beside her. But she had chosen this one, this assignment out of the many she received, not only because of who the client was, it also seemed to be the most interesting one, and did not require her to stay inside a dark room for long hours with only a computer for company.

She smirked as she finally found the files she was searching for. "The Cavallone family...." She murmured, pulling out the window with the file she wanted.

"So this is Dino Cavallone....." She smirked. "Well, time to get packing."

~~~

As she climbed into the car, her phone rang. She picked up. "Yes?" She asked.

"Scarlette, I presume." A male voice said on the other end. "I trust you have accepted my request?"

"Ah, yes. And you are...?"

"I'd prefer not to have my identity known at the moment." He said.

"You do realise I could simply trace this call, right?" She said, glancing at her laptop screen as she traced the call. A beep later, she cursed. "A pay phone. Of course." She muttered.

He chuckled. "Did you think I would be so stupid?" He said. Don't worry, you'll find out who I am after your mission is over."

"Hmm. Whatever." She said. "Just make sure to send me the money you promised me after I'm finished."

"Of course. I am a man of my word, Scarlette."

"I must admit, this is a very interesting request you have for me." She said, glancing at the note. "What could you possibly gain from this?"

"Me? Nothing much, really." He chuckled. "You could say I'm a bored old man, simply searching for a bit of entertainment."

She frowned. "What is that supposed to mean, mystery man?"

He chuckled. "Enjoy your stay with the Cavallone family, Scarlette." He said. "I'll be in touch." He hung up, leaving her to stare at her phone, shaking her head.

"I hate it when they do that..." She muttered, tucking the phone in her pocket.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Sorry if its short!! Next chapter will probably be longer.