Chapter Eight: Zoo Fun?

It's Friday and I just got off from work. I just hate work but I love being with children. It's such a dilemma. I sigh as I grip the steering wheel of my car as I sit in endless traffic. My phone rings and the contact reads: My thief 💞. I press the accept button on my car.

"Hey baby. How was your day?" Robin says in his accent that sounds even better on speaker.

"Better once I see your face and kiss you." I say with a smirk and he laughs.

"I can't wait to see you my love. Roland has made a request for this afternoon. He wants to go to the zoo."

"That'll be great. I love the zoo!" I say as I pull into my building's parking lot.

"Great because we are waiting for you now." He says just as I pull into my parking spot.

I look out my window to see Robin leaning against his car. Roland is in the backseat as he waves at me. I give both my boys a smile as I grab my purse and get out my car.

"Hey babe." I whisper to Robin.

I find my self engulfed in a tight hug that I don't want to escape. His arms are wrapped around my back and mine around his torso. I melt under his touch as he starts to card his fingers through my hair. He gives me a light kiss on my forehead and tries to exit the hug I keep him trapped in.

"Long day?" Robin asks with low chuckle. I nod my head yes as I bury my head in his shoulder.

"It was so long." I mumble into his shoulder.

"We don't have to go to the zoo if you're too tired." Robin says and he escapes my grasp.

"We are definitely going to the zoo." I say as I open the car door and slide into the sit.

I hear Robin chuckle before he gets in the car. He has one hand planted on the steering wheel and the other was firmly in my hand. Roland was happily content in his car seat as he listed all the animals he wanted to see.

We finally get to the zoo parking lot and it is very crowded. We were lucky to get one of the only parking spots. Roland is still talking about animals as I take him from his car seat. I place the little boy on my hip and Robin holds my free hand.

"We're going to meet my friend Jefferson and he's going to take Roland for the weekend." Robin says as we enter the zoo.

"Uncle Jeff and Grace!" Roland yells happily.

"Who's Grace?" I ask Robin as I put Roland down.

"Grace is Jefferson's daughter. She's two years older than Roland and he loves her." Robin says as he takes Roland's hand.

"What's with Roland and older women?" I say with a small laugh. "Can we check out the shark exhibit?" I ask as I point to the sign.

"Sharks!" Roland screams as he runs towards the exhibit. I laugh as Robin runs over to his son.

The smell of cinnamon fills my nose. I turn around to see a churro cart that is calling out to me. Do I really need a churro? No, maybe, yeah I do. I swiftly walk over to the cart and wait in the line. I finally reach the cart and order a churro dipped in chocolate. I take a bite and hum in content at the taste.

I walk towards the exhibit and look for Robin. It's dark and the only light is coming from the shark filled tanks. I see Roland's brown curly hair in the distance and I walk over to him. He says a quick hi as he stares at the sharks. I wonder where Robin is until I feel his warm arms around my waist.

"You got a churro?"He says with his chin resting on my shoulder.

"Yeah and it's absolutely great." I say and then I take another bite. Before I can move my hand Robin takes a huge bite of my churro.