Prologue

If you're reading this then I guess you're on of the very few who actually like mermaid fics so i don't know,if you enjoy it : add it or vote so I know you like this AU too?
//

It happened on a cold night,the kind of night that made the transitioned from Fall to Winter.
Harry was taken from his warm one bedroom flat and dragged down to a pub with the promise of a fun night.
Louis introduced him to a few people he deemed "friends" along with Liam.

By his fifth shot a loud shout rung through his ear,Liam telling him they were leaving,he downed the rest of his secondary drink and moved through the crowed.
When he made it outside he hadn't realised that they were just continuing the fun elsewhere,having been the last person to get back to the car Harry was seated between two strangers he had already forgotten the names to in the back.

At some point Harry asked where they were going,only to watch Louis snicker back at him from the passenger seat and Liam give him a glance through the rear-view mirror as he drove.

Eventually their car pulled up to the rocky shore of a lake,a wide open and dark space with only a small wooden dock and a little paddle-boat tied to a post.
"what're we doing?" Harry drawled out,still pleasantly tipsy.
The blonde girl beside him with what Harry could only describe as outrageous eyebrows then screamed right by his face "WE'RE FUCKING SWIMMING!"
Liam then interjected her as Harry's ears rung,"actually we're going for a cheeky little dip,no clothes"
"it's called skinny dipping Liam!" Louis smacked the bigger boys arm.
Just great.

   It was cold.Horribly freezing actually,any further into the cold month and Harry was sure he'd die of hypothermia.
But everyone else was having good fun splashing each other and jumping off the dock,Harry didn't want to be the downer.
The only light source they had was the headlights from the car pointed towards the water,Louis (the little shit) started daring the boys to swim beyond the light.

Harry couldn't of regretted going along with it more as his head surfaced only to see how far he was from everyone else.But it was quiet for the first time that night,and Harry wasn't in a hurry to get back to the small crowed of people,instead choosing to float on his back for a peaceful moment.

The distinctive sound of doors slamming one after the other made Harry spring back up,quickly realising his friends were heading back.
In the light he saw Liam pull on his jumper and begin walking to the car "LIAM!" Harry yelled as he swam towards the bright headlights.

The sound of an engine and the rolling of stones beneath tires stopped Harry in a heartbeat as he watched the car pull away,leaving him behind,alone,cold and suddenly in the darkness.
Shit.

Just keep swimming forward and eventually come to the shallow water.He thought.
But the familiar feel of the sandy-rocky lake floor never came,nor did his eyes adjust to the darkness whatsoever.did I turn while swimming? No! Just keep going.

Only nothing ever came of it.
Harry's body became numb with the cold,his arms aching from the desperate attempt to get to shore (wherever it was),his legs were both stinging from the scratches of  whatever beneath the water and a painful cramp in his thigh caught him off guard.
He considered praying while the panic finally struck,his eyes burning with tears that felt warm on his cold skin,what he thought was the last sensation he'd have as his body gave up on him and his head dipped below the water.

A heavy pressure hit Harry's bare chest
one,two,three.
Then a pair of warm lips on his cold ones,forcing air into his mouth,Harry immediately gagged and pulled away,coughing up scary amounts of water.
"oh thank god!" An exasperated voice said above him as he felt a hand on his shoulder blades,helping Harry through his coughing fit.
It lasted a while until Harry decided to finally look back at the voice,the voice of the person who saved him.Blinded by a bright light he realised soon that a heavy-duty waterproof flashlight was set beside him,"are you alright now?" The boy said,looking at Harry with so much hope.The brunette could only nod,clearing his throat to speak "yeah" he rasped out "thank you...you rescued me"
"My name is Niall" The boy,Niall,smiled at him,a charming smile that made Harry think of the sun.
"Harry" he stated,hand on his chest "Harry Styles"
Then he realised,just how naked he was.Down to nothing but his skin the embarrassment caught up with him as the tall boy quickly tucked his legs up to cover himself.
Although Harry wasn't the only one bare exactly,looking at Niall's pale chest to his small torso and down to his oh
"are you a-"

"don't you dare say mermaid"

And yeah,Niall had a tail.Suddenly Harry didn't feel like the odd one out.