What You Never Told Me

This is my very first story! I hope you like it :)

Maia Cox is a normal girl seeking for answers. What happened to her boyfriend, Daniel Collins, 2 years ago? No one is really sure of what happened that night, only that his house was found empty and he was never seen again. Why would he leave her after saying "run away with me"? And most important of all, will she ever be able to forgive him?

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

Prologue:

                                                                 -Before-

" I love you," he whispered softly into my ear as his hand traveled through my hair. I could feel the smile forming in his face as his arms were tight around me. He loved me, I knew it, just as much as he knew I loved him. I looked up to meet with his eyes, hazel in color, that due to the moonlight lighting up his face, seemed to be grayish. I buried my face in his neck, inhaling the smell of his cologne.

"I love you too." I finally replied. And before I knew it, he kissed me, soft and tenderly, his lips slow dancing with mine, our breathing even and our desire intensifying, with every second that passed, our bodies begged for even more. 

I loved him. I knew it. I loved everything about him. From the way his black hair slightly fell in his face to the small beauty marks that decorated his shoulder. I loved the way he talked and voice, always so politely and correct, and the way he was always trying to add humor to whatever he was saying. I adored his laugh and his smile that could make even the worst days turn perfect and even outshine the world.

"Maia." He said as he broke the kiss. The way he said my name was enough to send chills down my spine. 

"Daniel," I said as I tilted my head to get a better view of him. His eyes had changed and had filled themselves with worry and hesitation. I could feel my heartbeat accelerate as I separated myself from him. 

"What happened?" I asked, my voice somewhat cracking. He stared at the floor and bit his lower lip before looking right back at me, keeping silent for an instant. 

"Run away with me." He finally whispered.