21

My eyes fluttered open and I found myself in a room unknown. I remembered the events from the previous night and smiled getting to my feet, knowing now where I was. Chase was in the kitchen making breakfast, I stood there quietly feeling a wave of nostalgia wash over me. I crept up behind him pinching his sides. He jumped squealing like a girl causing me to laugh loudly. He smiled when he saw me.

"Oh, it's just you." He laughed.

"Just me?" I asked angrily.

"Wh-What no, no you're amazing I-"

I chuckled standing on my tip toes to give him a kiss, "I was only kidding Chase." I winked.

I was standing by the stove as his hands met my waist, his lips traveling down my exposed shoulders. I was only wearing a bando bra and my boyfriend short underwear. Guess Ian and Nick had been right about Chase and exposed skin... I kind of wanted to test this out a little as bad as it sounded.

I pulled away from him playfully and strutted across the kitchen to grab something off the counter. I wasn't watching him, but I knew I was causing him frustration. I opened the fridge, when I closed it I saw him staring at me biting his bottom lip. I walked past him lightly brushing his arm. He grabbed me from behind again pulling me against him. I turned around leaning in to kiss him, but then stopping. He groaned, "Emerson, stop being a tease." he said hardly audible.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" I said innocently.

He grabbed my thighs lifting me onto the counter and I giggled as he grabbed my face in his hands and pressed his lips to mine. I lightly wrapped my arms around his torso as his hands ran through my hair. I was actually startled by this sudden intimate contact. Until last night I'd never seen Chase as the type to have any meaning behind physical touch, but something about the past few hours with him felt different. I guess being heartbroken by me so many times had changed him.

When he pulled away from me his hands held onto my arms holding me there. "You know exactly what I'm talking about." He replied.

I hopped down from the counter, "I'm going to go get some clothes on." I grinned skipping back to his room.

I picked up my shorts slipping them on and then grabbed a Never Shout Never shirt from his dresser. I walked back into the kitchen where he'd set two plates of scrambled eggs on the counter. He smiled when he saw the shirt. "I like you in my clothes."

"Good, this shirt is comfortable and I don't think I'm giving it back." I taunted as I sat down.

It had been so long since things had been normal between us, but we were acting like nothing had ever happened. Something seemed off about that. It seemed as thought neither of us were going to break the ice, but Chase finally did. "I want you back." He said as he finished up his breakfast.

"You've made that quite clear."

"I'm serious."

"I know." I answered, I wasn't giving in just yet.

He shifted uncomfortably in his seat, "Can we like... get back toge-"

I just laughed at him, he was so awkward. Probably because he'd never actually felt something when he was with a girl. Chase had as much emotion as a robot when I'd first met him. I kissed his cheek, "You're a dork. And yes, we can." I grabbed his plate washing both of them in the sink for us. "I really missed your cooking."

"Still eating ramen noodles I assume?" I didn't answer, of course I hadn't been. I hadn't been eating at all. Chase realized he was walking on thin ice with the topic of eating. He walked up to me spinning me around to face him, he leaned his forehead on mine. "Emerson."

"Yea?"

"You ate."

I didn't understand what he meant at first, but then it hit me. I'd eaten something... I couldn't remember the last time I'd had a meal. I opened my mouth to say something, but I didn't know what to say. I hadn't even registered it, maybe it was a sign of being happy again. "I'm still worried about you." He added after a moment of silence.

"I'm fine. I promise."

"I think I should stay with you for a little while."

I smiled knowing what he was trying to say, "I like the sound of that." I replied as he kissed me softly on the lips.