Imaginary Friend

Diagnosis: Imaginary friend

 Alfred came to a halt and Alice stopped chasing him. 

"Mama, am I sick?" Alfred asked his mom "I don't have imaginary friends; I have Kiku," Alfred added to convince himself and Alice that he was normal.

But that went very wrong

Alice showed her confused son the picture that she took before Kiku and Alfred went to their first house. To her, Kiku was not there, but to Alfred, Kiku was there with no expression.

"Mama, Kiku is there; he always has been," Alfred said, not seeing the fact that there was an empty space where 'Kiku' was standing. 

As Alice took back the clipboard, Alfred stared at Kiku in awe. Well, almost.

"Mama, KIKU IS STANDING RIGHT THERE!! HE'S RIGHT THERE MAMA!!" Alfred cried, pointing to a confused Kiku as Alice made her way to the nurse and the doctor. 

"Mama, PLEASE LISTEN TO WHAT I'M SAYING!! KIKU IS STANDING NEXT TO ME AND IS MY ONLY FRIEND!! MAMA!!! PLEASE LOOK AT ME MAMA!!" Alfred cried for attention as she continued with her conversaition. 

As Alfred pointed to Kiku, Kiku backed away since Alfred was too close.

As Alice finished, she looked and saw that her son was gone.

'I should have listened to him' Alice thought as she looked around with her eyes to try to find him.

'Where are you my sweet Alfred?'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Right on that hill outside of town, was Alfred and Kiku. As Kiku leaned in to see if Alfred was alright. When he looked away, he felt something touch him like a hand. Alfred was touching Kiku's face to see if he was real. "Arfred, prease stop; it's annoying me," Kiku said, not found of this situation. Alfred didn't listen to him and continued to stroke Kiku's warm cheeck. Kiku managed to escape the touch and got up, and went straight for the gate that lead to the woods. 

As Kiku widened a crack on the gate, He turned around and asked "Arfred, are you gonna join me?" 

Alfred had a sad look, knowing that he has to stay with his mom, but he wanted to be with Kiku forever. As Alfred looked at the danger sign, he already saw Kiku on the other side.

"Gomenosia, Arfred but this is goodbye,"Kiku said as he turned and to never look back. 

"KIKU!! WAIT!!!" Alfred called out and chased after his friend.

As Alfred got into the woods, the sign fell on top and was a sign that there were traps.

Alfred was running for Kiku to stay with him, to grow up with each other, to love each other.

Alfred almost got caught in a trap, but continued his search for Kiku. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As Kiku laid beside a tree sleeping peace fully, he opened one eye only to see a tired Alfred go to the tree too. As Alfred stared in awe at the sceanary, He felt something placed in his hand. Alfred looked up, only to see a candy in his hand and Kiku eating one. 

Alfred began to eat the candy when he leaned closer to Kiku, staring at his note, it read:

"You Found Me"

Alfred took a look at his and it read:

"I Found You"

Then, both of them began to eat in peace, putting the world aside for now...

To Be Continued...