Chapter 1

Mackenzie stood in front of her vanity wondering what to do. After 45 minutes of struggling, she had finally settled on white denimn shorts, and a blue fitted crop top with her black and white converse. She then spent 20 minutes perfecting her curls and another 30 minutes on her pink lips, and perfect winged eyeliner with her eyeshadow. Today was her first day of highschool. Maddie, her sister, had always been popular, and though Maddie and her friends have offered Kenzie a spot in their clique, Mackenzie always refused. Maddie and her friends were the brats of school. Kenz had always been prettier and overall better than Maddie, but along with her perfect body and talents, she was too kind to admit it. She grabbed a banana for breakfast and sighed when she saw Maddie skipped her food. She had been eating hardly anything since Abby, the girls dance teacher, had kicked Maddie out of the group dance saying that the costume made her look fat. Mackenzie pushed the thought away thinking it was only a phase. She got into the car along with Maddie who was driving. She loved the windows open and the blowing wind in her hair, which is why she sighed when Maddie closed them, complaining that it ruined her hair. It was no use for Mackenzie to argue, she would never win. So she sat quietly in the car, without the wind. Her eyes went wide when she saw the school. She saw Kalani's car, Kalani was Maddie's friend and a member of the bitchy bunch. Mackenzie walked into her new school, with Kalani and Maddie on her sidesWhen she walked by Maddie's side she was safe, she was popular. As they walked down the hall Maddie and Kalani showed who Mackenzie could and could not talk to.
"I'm not listening to your stupid popular ways or whatever. I'm not a part of the group." Mackenzie demanded.
"But you are my sister, and I refuse to allow you to ruin my reputation." Maddie fired back.
Mackenzie didn't respond as she turned on her heels. After helplessly walking around in circles, she realized she probably shouldn't have ditched the people she was relying to show her around on her first day of school. She finally asked for help when she saw a boy at the water fountain. She tapped him, and watched as he turned around. He grinned, and eyed her.
"Once you're done scanning me, can you tell me where room 201 is?" She asked, regretting her choice to ask him for help.
He grinned again, nodding.
"Sure, that's my class too, I'm Lucas by the way.
"Kenzie."
She replied, reaching her hand out. He shook it, and held the door open for her when they finally reached the class.
She sighed when she walked into class.
My life is so cliché.
A/N
Please point out any errors that I have. And comment any suggestions.