0.5

[If you read the sneak peek, then skip the story until you see " -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:"]

______
"Ms.Jacobs, you're late." Mrs.Washington scolded as I headed to my desk. I slightly waved my pass in the air for the umpteenth time since the third day of school. I don't even know why she bothers anymore.

I caught her slight eye roll and chuckled, pulling out my history textbook.

"Page 430." The girl sitting beside me whispered, keeping her eyes forward. I gave her a slight head nod and quickly turned to the page.

Once I found it, I let out a small sigh and leaned back into my seat. I felt like the few minutes I've been here was long enough.

High school didn't the best environment I've experienced so far.With true colors being shown left and right and rumors spreading like a wildfire, there were a number of places I'd rather be.

Class ended sooner than I expected, due to my being late for class. I quickly gathered my things and aimed for being the first one out of here before the halls got crowded. I dove to my locker and switched out my textbooks. I slammed it closed and noticed something...different.

Maybe it was the slightly attractive guy attending to the locker next to mine. I frowned and looked his way once more. Since I wasn't far from him, my intense staring didn't take long for him to catch on to.

He looked at me an stared back clearly confused as to why I was doing such a thing.

I blinked a couple of times before shaking my head. "I'm sorry." I mumbled, referring to my staring. Before he could respond, I turned on my heels and headed to my next class, which happened to be across the building.

I reached the classroom and mentally applauded myself for making it on time. I took my seat in the front in the farthest corner of the room. Even though we didn't particularly have assigned seats, we all knew where we preferred to sit and respected that.

The bell soon rung and the classroom buzz slowly went down. A couple of late students walked in, followed by a threat of detention from Ms.Walker.

"Alright, well just pick up where we left off yeste--"

The door swung open revealing yet another late student I didn't bother to look up and recognize.

"Oh, I've been waiting on you!" I frowned and looked up, wondering who the hell she could be happy to see.

Ms.Walker turned towards the class. I immediately recognized who Locker Boy was "You may pick a seat anywhere you'd like." I sighed, realizing that one of the few empty seats were next to mine.

I quickly turned my head towards the window so he wouldn't see my face. I felt a presence next me, followed by some shuffling and silence. I assumed he didn't see my face, I continued to look out of the motionless parking lot before the sound of my name brung me back.

"Kerri, would you mind passing these worksheets out?"

Damn right I would. I stood up and grabbed the worksheets out of Ms.Walker's hand. I started from the opposite end of the room and made my way down to my end. I quickly sat a worksheet on Locker Boy's desk, avoiding any possible eye contact.