Chapter 12 ~ The End

I froze, silently praying that I'd misheard, that the person behind me isn't who I think it is.

Why had I even agreed to come to this party?

I felt a cold hand clutched my heart, sending shivers down my spine and I turned around, meeting the eyes of Seyun.

She was standing behind, her heels giving us even more of a height difference. She stared down at me, hands on her slim waist, eyes cold.

"I could get used to looking down on you like this."

She smirked, her eyes lingering on my wound.

I covered it up instinctively, then drew myself up to my full height. Which was- unfortunately, a mere 156.5 cm.

Obviously, she was still towering over me.

"Why are you here?" I asked, trying to put on a smile and pretend I wasn't pissed at her comment.

"I should be asking you that. I thought you wouldn't show up, being the coward you are."

The flame inside of me reignited, and I had to take in a deep breathe to force myself to calm down.

She was trying to agitate me. I must stay calm.

"Sorry, I guess you thought wrongly. As always."

I bit back, smiling at her.

Two can play the same game.

Her nostrils flared as she glared at me, hatred in her eyes.

I fought hard to return her stare, forcing my pupils to stay and not dart somewhere else. Yet my willpower was faltering. Her gaze was piercing, and it spoke a thousand words. Hate. She hated me, it was obvious. But why?

"Why do you hate me so much?"

I whispered, unblinking, breaking the intense silence between us.

"I thought I made it clear. I hated you before, and I hate you even more now. You tried to throw me in jail, remember? And that's not all. Everything I wanted, you have.

My dream has always been to be an idol, yet I couldn't. I just don't understand. How are you so successful, yet I still haven't fulfilled my dream? How are you better than me?"

Her eyebrows knitted together as she talked, frustration evident. Jealousy. That was the fuel to her fire.

"You must have been so confused and jealous, seeing Hanbin with me, linking arms with me, acting like my boyfriend.

Well guess what, that's what I have been feeling every single time I look at you and him together, except ten times stronger, because I obviously love him more. Meanwhile, you're just a cheating bitch."

She smirked, and I quickly glanced down as her red high heels clicked towards me, every step bringing more fear in me.

However, I fought hard to stand my ground, refusing to back away. I wasn't one for confrontations like this, and my heart was pounding hard inside as I tried to formulate what to say next.

"You already know I didn't cheat on him. And you deserve to be in jail, for all the bad things you've done. I guess your father got you out, I heard he's rich."

I hesitated awhile, before finally deciding to speak my mind, to try and end this dispute.

"I know you feel horrible seeing me and Hanbin together. I'm sorry. But I really love him, more than you think.