Chapter 8: Preparations II

Last time:
     I stared back at my reflection like I was expecting it to move or something, "Really ?! Maybe we can discuss preparations for the festival together?" Echoed Ryou's melodic voice in my head, along with his angelic face, he's like some kind of drug that I just can't get enough of, and there's no kind of rehab that can help me get away, I smiled to myself at my corny thought, "I'm such a dweeb."

"You got that right."
Oh no.
Present- Bakura's POV:
"You know it's not polite to sneak in on someone in the bathroom, that's low even for you, Kaiba." I growled out. Kaiba Seto, the worlds biggest douche bag, I think he's the only reason Yami and I are friends because, we both despise him, and you know what they say, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Kaiba's always trying to pick a fight with us, Yami because they both have big heads and think they're kings or something and are always trying to best the other. Kaiba picks fights with me because our families run rivaling companies, so he thinks since our parents are rivals then we have to be too, but he doesn't realize that I have no interest in what my parents do but, I was never one to back down from a fight.
He narrowed is piercing sapphire eyes at me, "Who do you think you are calling me low ?" He growled back.
"Bakura, nice to meet you." I smirked at his scowl deepening, "Listen you wise ass, you need to learn your place." He said taking a step closer and grabbing a fistful of my shirt, What a bluff, he won't throw the first punch, if he does he'll know I'll go and call it self-defense, "And who's going to show me my place, you?" I laughed while grabbing a fist full of his shirt with my left hand and bringing my right hand back making a fist, Too bad I don't care wha-
"Bakura ?" I stopped right in my tracks, Kaiba and I turned our heads to see who was calling my name, "Ryou ?" I questioned, before I could do anything someone else burst into the bathroom, "Seto!  What are you doing, we have important things to go over for the festival ?!" Screamed Mokuba, Kaiba's younger brother, he's two years younger than us. Did I also forget to mention that Kaiba's the student body president ? He let go off my shirt and turned around sighing to his brother, "Nothing Mokuba lets go." He walked towards the door but stopped to look at Ryou and then at me, then left. What was that about ? "Who was that Bakura ?" Ryou asked, "That was Kaiba Seto, president of the student body and douche bags around the world." I stated, then Ryou let out a loud gasp that scared the living hell out of me, "What ?" I asked, he was looking incredulously at me before he spoke, "You were about to hit him ! Bakura you could have gotten into a lot of trouble! Suspended or possibly expelled !!!"
"Hmmm a break from school all because I hit him ? That actually doesn't sound that bad."
"BAKURA!" Ryou yelled hitting me in the arm, it didn't hurt but I rubbed it anyway to make him feel better. "Ok I'm sorry, better?" I offered. He just sighed, and then something hit me, "Hey why'd you come in here anyway, you said my name like you were looking for me?" I asked. "Well you took off so quickly I thought I upset you so I came to apologize." He said.
"I'm not upset, I just really needed to use the bathroom, besides you could never upset me Ryou." Then a second later I realized what I said, and looked at Ryou he was blushing a bit "What di-"
"Nothing ! Hey lets get back to the others before we start worrying them!" I interrupted and starting pushing Ryou out of the bathroom by his shoulders ignoring his complaints. Geez that was close. I thought on our way back.
     "There they are." Yugi said as Ryou and I took our seats. "Anyway, now that you're back," started Malik "what Ryou said got me thinking, we should all go over someone's house so we can all talk about possible themes for our attraction for the festival."
"That sounds like a fun idea!" Yugi complimented.
"But whose house are we going over ?" Asked Marik. That's when I remembered about Malik's theory of common interests, "What about my house? My parents are never home so no one will be there to bother us." I offered. "That's a great idea Bakura! All in favor say 'I' " Malik commanded,
"I!" Everyone cheered.
Later That Day~
Everyone agreed to get here at 5, and it is currently, 4:50, and I can't sit still. And it was obvious why, this is gonna be the first time Ryou is at my house ! Actually, this is going to be the first time anyone's been over my house. What can I say ? I like my alone time. But anyway, I'm sitting on my couch with my elbows resting on my knees, hands folded and resting against my lips, staring daggers at the digital numbers on the cable box. As if that would magically make time speed up. I need to do something with my hands. That's when I pulled out my phone and started going through anything and everything, pictures, old messages then I looked at the time again 4:52..... Well that didn't help. That's when I sat back and stared up at the ceiling, letting my mind wander. Remembering Ryou's cute flushed face from under me when we fell during that haunted mansion ride. What I wouldn't give to go back to that moment, he looked so perfect it hurt, his soft snowy locks sprayed out around him, those big chocolate eyes I could get lost in, is soft pink lips, I wonder how soft they really are ? This boy has me wrapped around his finger and doesn't even know it. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. I looked at the clock 5:01, I bolted from the couch to the front door, taking a few short breaths to make it seem like I didn't run, and opened it, and what I saw was my angel, Ryou. "Fashionably late I see." I chuckled, he blushed at that, "Well I didn't want to get here right at 5 so I waited a minute." He replied.
"Right, why don't you come inside make your self at home?" I closed the door behind him and he took off his shoes and neatly placed them together by the door. "I did say make yourself at home you don't have to be so polite." I said and he just shrugged his shoulders, "But I do this at home too." He's too adorable for his own good.
"Why don't you go sit on the couch and I'll get us something to drink, anything in particular you want ?"
"Just a water would be fine thank you." Ryou said as he made his way to living room.
Ryou's POV:
So this is what Bakura's house looks like. I thought as I looked around the room, it was a regular living room with a couch, flat screen, and a coffee table and then I noticed something or rather a lack there of, where are all the pictures ? There aren't any pictures anywhere not on the walls or the table, nothing of Bakura as a child or his parents. Well I do remember Bakura mentioning that he had a distant relationship with his parents but that doesn't mean he can't have pictures of his childhood right?
"Here you go." My thoughts were interrupted by Bakura handing me a cup of water, I thanked him and watched him sit down next to me, and prop his feet on the coffee table. After watching him I noticed something I couldn't believe I never noticed before. "Bakura, did you know that you have two pieces of hair on the top of your head that look like bat wings." Bakura nearly fell out of his seat. "Yeah, and Yami likes to annoy me by calling them cat ears, he's lucky I haven't clawed his eyes out yet." He growled.
"Can I touch them ?"
"Huh?"
"Please ! They do look like cat ears I wanna feel them !"
"No. "
"But Bakura !"
He and I kept bickering, and I kept trying to feel them while he tried holding my wrists, until finally...
"Alright I got it!" After those words escaped my lips I noticed the position Bakura and I were in. I had somehow managed to get on his lap, and we were looking straight into each other's eyes, our faces inches apart.
*Ding Dong*
The sound of the door bell startled me and I fell off Bakura's lap.
"Ryou?!"
"I'm fine just got the door!"
How embarrassing.
Third person POV:
     "Alright let's get to planning!" Malik said. All the boys were sitting around the coffee table discussing the ideas they had for the festival. "I think it should be something really cute, like animal themed !" Malik squealed.
"Yeah Bakura could dress as -" Yami was cut off by Bakura yelling "No way in hell !" 
"I have one!" Yugi raised his hand "Why don't we all dress up as wizards and magicians ! "
"No offense Yugi but that sounds kinda lame, besides none of us can do magic tricks." Malik pointed out.
"Coming up with something we all like is hard." Ryou sighed. All the boys nodded their heads in agreement.
"What about you two, you're in a different class, did anyone tell you their ideas?" Malik asked Marik and Yami.
"Well Kaiba's in our class so we'll probably just do what he says because he's the president and everyone is too scared to go against him." Marik said. Yami just grumbled insults about the brunette. Then it all fell silent again, Bakura tried thinking of something, he was doing this mainly for Ryou so maybe he could use that as inspiration ? He stared intently at Ryou when finally he remembered something Ryou told him, "What about an Egyptian theme?" Bakura said. Hearing the word Egypt made Ryou look at Bakura and they made eye contact until Malik jumped up. "That... Actually sounds really fun! Egyptian costumes can be cute!"
"And didn't the Egyptians believe in magic?" Yugi said as his eyes began to sparkle. "Well looks like it's settled then." Yami said clapping his hands together.
"Yeah!" Everyone agreed. After discussing possible costumes and decoration ideas, everyone decided to go home, Ryou made sure to take his time because he wanted to say something to Bakura after everyone left. "Thank you Bakura."
"Oh yeah no problem mi casa es tu casa."
"That's not what I'm talking about."
Bakura just tilted his head in confusion.
"About the idea of Egypt, I told you my father was working there, did you say that for me?" Ryou blushed a bit at the end and Bakura brought his hand to itch the back of his head. "Oh yeah, I remembered the story you told me, and how much you miss your dad so I thought it would be nice."
"It was, thank you." Ryou stepped up and wrapped his arms around Bakura's mid section, resting his head on his chest. Bakura was taken back by the action but took no time to react, he wrapped his arms around Ryou's shoulders and rested his chin on top of his head. This just felt so right for both boys, Bakura felt warmth in what he thought was a cold hallow shell, and Ryou felt so safe, so protected in Bakura's arms, like nothing else existed, just the two of them.
"You're welcome." Bakura smiled. There he goes again, making this spell he has on me even stronger. Bakura thought.
After staying like that for a few more minutes, to both of their dismays, Ryou let go and left. Both boys went to bed that night in high spirits, with dreams filled with each other.

And there it is folks ! Told you it would be out sooner ! And I'm really happy with the way this turned out, and yes I just had to include a joke about Bakura's hair, but it was a good Segway to yet another intense moment between the two boys so make sure to look out for the next chapter, and as always thank you for reading, love y'all ! Xoxoxo