Chapter 12: Decisions and Friendship

WARNING: this chapter has some language in it sorry if you don't like that but enjoy !
Ryou's POV:
     "My move!"
      I watched Yugi yell as he raised the tennis ball in his hand at Malik and Bakura from across the court. We were all in gym playing tennis, Yugi and I versus Malik and Bakura.
     "Yeah yeah now hurry up and serve." Bakura said impatiently. Yugi just stuck his tongue out at him and tossed the ball into the air yelling "Serve!" He hit it over the net to Malik who sent it back over towards me.
     "I got it!" I said as I managed to hit it over towards Bakura. He just rested is racket over his shoulder and lazily watched the ball fly by him and bounce away.
     "Bakura! You big idiot you're supposed to hit the ball!" Malik yelled as he threw his racket on the ground and grabbed Bakura's shirt with both of his hands. "Don't tell me what do to you little brat!" And Malik and Bakura began to fight as a puff cloud formed around they're rough housing.(A/N you know how in anime were they like play fight those puff cloud things appear I really didn't know how to describe but it's like one of those guys)
     "C'mon guys ! Ryou and I are actually winning at a sport right now, cut it out!" Yugi yelled.
I'm just glad everything is back to normal.
Flashback:
After Bakura and I had our moment, I convinced him to come back to class with me. I held is hand the whole way back, and I couldn't help but notice how perfect they fit into each other. As we walked into the classroom I heard Malik call out to me, "Hey Ryou what to- oh !" Malik was about to question me when he noticed Bakura and he began to eye our hands, as well as the others, who were also giving weary looks to Bakura. "It's alright guys! Bakura and I made up, see ? He apologized and everything !" I said and I lifted our hands up so they could get a better look.
"Bakura ? Apologize? I never thought I'd live to see the day where those two words were used in the same sentence!" Yami exclaimed as he put his hand against forehead.
"I guess miracles do happen." Marik joined in to tease Bakura.
"Would you two knock it off, it's bad enough my pride is already damaged, I don't need you two rubbing it in!?" Bakura began to argue with them as they continued to tease him, all while still holding my hand, as Yugi and Malik peered around the three to give me a thumbs up.
End Flashback
I smiled fondly at the memory.
"Ryou look out !"
I didn't even have time to blink before a green sphere collided with my face and I was sent flying backwards towards the gym floor.
"Ryou ?!" Three voices called out to me.
Maybe I shouldn't have had that memory during gym.
Time skip to lunch also normal POV:
     The six friends were eating lunch in Mr. Pegasus' classroom because, winter has finally come and it's much too cold to eat outside, and they're also making that final stretch through classes until winter break comes in just a few days.
"Geez Ryou, you're such a space cadet." Yugi scolded, the boy who had a large bandage on his forehead.
"I'm sorry!" Ryou anime cried.
"Does your head hurt ?" Bakura asked, as he reached over and placed his hand on top of Ryou's head and began to rub his thumb on the bandage. Ryou blushed at Bakura's gentle show of affection.
"N-not really" Ryou stuttered.
"AW YOU GUYS ARE S-"
"Cute, I know!" Bakura cut off Malik's fanboying by shoving a piece of bread into the blonde's mouth. Malik just 'hmphed' and ate the bread Bakura rudely gave him.
"So when are you guys going on your first date ?" Yami asked.
"First date?" Bakura and Ryou said in unison before they turned to look at each other.
"Yell yeah, now that you guys are a couple, its time to go on your first date." Marik explained.
"Oh yeah ! Yami and I had a picnic in the park, it was spring time so the Sakura trees had all blossomed, it was so pretty and romantic!" Yugi gushed while Yami, who sat beside him just smirked triumphantly.
"Well for our first date, Marik took me to a carnival and won every single stuffed animal in all the stalls for me, and he even kissed me just as the fireworks exploded, now that's romantic." Malik said swooning over the memory, and Marik stuck his tongue out at Yami, who just glared back, peeved that he had lost whatever competition the two were silently having.
"Alright then," Bakura started as he looked at Ryou who just blushed in return, "Ryou, would you like to go on a date with me on the first day of winter break ?"
"Hmm," Ryou began to pretend to think about Bakura's offer by tapping his index finger to his -1chin, and he began to giggle as Bakura rolled his eyes at the snowy haired boy, "Yes I would love to!"
"Ah my little Bakura is growing up so fast!" Malik cheered as he hugged Bakura's head.
"Malik get the fuck off me !" Everyone just began to laugh at the two bickering and returned to their lunches.
"Yadonushi !"
Everyone turned their head to the voice calling their white haired friend, it was Mokuba!
"Ah Mokuba is something wrong?" Ryou asked with a slight tilt of his head.
"Not particularly no but, Kaiba is out in hall waiting for you, he thinks it's time he heard your decision." Mokuba informed.
"Oh! I'll be right there." Ryou nearly forgot about the offer of being in the student council, Mokuba just nodded and headed into the hall. Ryou began to stand with his bangs covering his eyes until a hand on his shoulder stopped him from walking forward. He wasn't even surprised at that, or at who the hand belonged to, what he was surprised about was the swirl of emotions going through Bakura's eyes.
"Look...Ryou...*sigh* ... if you really want to join the student council... then do it you'll never get an opportunity like it again, so do what you think is right."
Everyone's chins dropped at Bakura's words. Ryou processed Bakura's words carefully before placing his hand on Bakura's and smiling sweetly at him, "I will." He said as he guided Bakura's hand off his shoulder and walked out into the hall. Bakura breathed out a long sigh and turned to look at his friends who were all staring at him like he had lost his mind.
"What?" His eyebrow twitched at their behavior.
"Ok that's it, who are you and what have you done with the real Bakura?" Yami asked.
"What's that supposed to mean ?!" Bakura yelled.
"That was just a very mature thing to say Bakura, we're just a little shocked because we wouldn't have expected you to say something like that." Malik explained.
"What you don't think I can be mature ?!"
"Oh look Ryou's back!" Marik hurriedly changed the subject as said boy sat back down with his friends.
"Soooooo how'd it go?" Yugi asked timidly as he was silently hoping that Ryou hadn't agreed to be in the student council.
"Oh I declined"
"...."
"YOU WHAT?!?" The other five yelled at the poor Brit.
"I-I declined."
"We heard you the first time but why !" Malik screeched.
"Yeah !" Yugi agreed.
"Are you sure about this ?" Bakura interjected.
"Yes I'm sure, one of the reasons I came to this school was to have a normal high school life, I've never really stayed in one place for long, so this is the first time I've actually made such close friends, and I don't want to give that up for a bunch of paper work and the responsibilities that come with the student council, and that's what I told Kaiba and I respectfully declined his offer and he understood and just told me he'd see me around." Ryou explained. They all stared at Ryou in awe, until Malik suddenly jumped over their makeshift table of desks pushed together to tackle hug his friend.
"RYOU YOU'RE TOO SWEET!" Malik cried as he squeezed the life out of the poor boy.
"YEAH HE'S RIGHT!" Yugi joined in the hug.
"Hey easy you guys are gonna break him!" Bakura yelled as he tried to pry them off Ryou who was laughing at his friends.
"Yeah guys he still has to take Ryou out on their first date, which he has to make extra special as a reward !" Yalu declared.
"Huh?" Bakura asked confused.
"Yeah you better make it extra special !" Malik sprung up.
"And super romantic, Ryou better feel like a prince afterwards!" Yugi joined in as he and Malik got in Bakura's face.
"I-you guys- but-what?" Bakura began to babble as he was surprised by the younger boys reprimanding him. Ryou just laughed again and said, "I'm looking forward to it Bakura, try you're best!"
"Give me a break!" Bakura yelled, as they all began to laugh

Hey y'all here's the update! lol this chapter came out entirely different than what I planned, I actually cut it into two because I thought it was going to be too long and transitioning from one thing to another was kinda shaky so I just decided to separate it, anyway hope you guys like it ! And thank you guys for all the comments and votes I love reading what you all think and they're kinda really good ego boosters lol but yeah again thank you !!!