Chapter 2

Craig's POV

I walked back over to where my friends were and continued doing what I was doing before I started dancing with Aerilyn. Nobody else had caught my eye like she did. She caught another glimpse of me walked back over to where I was.

"I refuse to let you sit over here like a wall flower with ya niggas in the back looking like their dick is cocked and fully loaded, no pun intended. There HAS to be someone here that's caught your eye."

"Yeah, just you. All of em are just dancing awkwardly to the music, there's no turn up with em, like they scared.." I admitted, looking at the girls that were actually dancing. She sighed and then started smiling.

"I got a idea!" she said, and ran over to the DJ and within a couple seconds you heard nothing but reggae blaring through the speakers and it was instantly like turn up central for the people dancing. She jogged back over to me and grabbed me. "All you had to do is get some reggae in em!" she said dancing in front of me. "Still haven't found anyone else to dance with?"

"Yeah, you." I said, grabbing her hand and dancing with her.

The rest of the night we only danced with each other and I didn't care, I liked dancing with her.

____

"You doing anything tomorrow?" I asked her as we waited for our parents to get us.

"No, why?"

"You are now." I said smirking.

"Oh I am? What is that?"

"You're coming to me tomorrow night to the skating rink."

"Now what if I can't skate?"

"Then I'll teach you." I said smiling. "So,, whatcha say?"

"I say sure, why not?" she said giggling. "I'll meet ya there at 6:30."

"If you don't know how to skate then how do you know where to meet me?"

"I know how to skate." she said standing up and walking to a car, "But you can still hold my hand if you want." she said smiling. "Talk to you later." she said out the window as whoever was driving her home drove off.

I took out my phone and texted her.

Me: Hey Lyn, it's later.

Lyn: haha, you think you're slick.

Me: I know, I don't think.

Lyn: I guesssss.

Me: So what you doing?

Lyn: I'm going to Mars, what do you think I'm doing lmao

Me: well I don't know how far you live from here girl.

Lyn: this girl has a name.

Me: my future girlfriend?

Lyn: lol you're cute.

Me: well obviously.

Lyn: don't get cocky lol

Me: too late for that.

And this was just a few minutes of out hour long texting conversation.

Over the next couple weeks til school started Aerilyn and I hung out literally everyday. We were becoming good friends but I didn't wanna be just good friends with her.