Chapter 6

"Easy," Dick smiled, "you have to let me hack into the computer."
Kid Flash laughed mockingly. "Ha! No! Like we're gonna fall for that one! You're going to hack into it and find out all the League's secrets!"

"Exactly." Dick said. "Don't you wanna know what the League are hiding from you? You wanted to know what Cadmus was, right? I can find out. You need my help. We could investigate, if Batman's suspicious we should check it out."

"Solve their case before they do," Aqualad commented, "it would be poetic justice."

"Hey," Dick laughed, "they're all about justice."

"But they said stay put." Aqualad said.

"For the blotting-out-the-sun mission. They never said anything about this." Dick reasoned.

"And why should we trust you?" Kid Flash added.

"You're right. I've given you no reason to. I just thought you wanted to prove to your mentors that you're not just sidekicks." Dick turned away and rubbed his neck, faking giving up. "But if you don't want my help, I'll just go to Cadmus myself." Dick started walking away.

"Wait." Kid Flash said. "Are you going to Cadmus anyway? Because if you're going, I'm going. That way Aqualad and I can prove we're not just sidekicks and we can say we only followed you and went to Cadmus to make sure that you didn't do anything bad." Kid Flash smiled and laughed. "It's fool proof!"

"It really isn't..." Dick started but stopped himself.

"What do you say, Aqualad?" Kid Flash asked, huge smile on his face, Dick smiled too, not as much as Kid Flash though.

"Just like that? A team on a mission?" Aqualad asked.

"Well, no. You two can be a team and I'll just tag along for the heck of it. I do not work well in teams." Dick really didn't work well in teams, half his life it had been just him, he learnt that he couldn't rely on anyone, and that didn't make him a good team player.

Aqualad didn't seem to mind, he smirked and nodded anyway.

***

After Dick had hacked into the computers and found out where Cadmus was, they quickly ran to it, Dick stopping at a shop and buying.... Okay- stealing some popcorn and a bottle of cola before catching back up to the others.
They soon made it to Cadmus, it was on fire, obviously, and the local authorities were handling it, saving everyone.

"Help!"

"Get us down!"

Okay, so maybe they weren't saving them.
The shouts came from two scientists leaning out a window and waving their arms, fire next to them.

"Stay put. We will get you out." Was a fireman's fail at trying to reassure them.

Suddenly, the room exploded and the scientists were sent flying out the window. But before they could hit the ground, Kid Flash ran up the wall and grabbed them, shoving them onto the roof of the building before losing his momentum and falling down, he grabbed onto a window ledge to save himself.

"It's what's-his-name. Flash Boy." The same fireman as earlier said.

"Kid Flash." Said person corrected, irritated. "Why is that so hard?"

Dick smirked, he didn't have problems with alter-ego names because he didn't have one, when Kid Flash and Aqualad asked what his name was he just tapped his nose in a 'I'm not telling you' way. So, Kid Flash had dubbed him as Red Boy, it wasn't very imaginative but then again neither was Kid Flash.

"So smooth." Dick commented.

"We need a plan, we-"

'I suppose I'd better help him.' Dick thought, before running and flipping up to where Kid Flash was and pulling him up onto the ledge.

"Red Boy?" Aqualad asked, looking around once he had noticed that 'Red Boy' wasn't there.

A/N: Sorry this is shorter than the rest, but I have to get up at six in the morning, and its eleven o'clock now, plus I still have to straighten my hair (otherwise it will go into a frizzy puff ball D: ) I promise that the next chapter will be all of it up until the team is made!