What If We Made a Den!?

DAN'S POV

(Time skip to Saturday)

"Mum? Are you going anywhere, I don't know, around 4 O'clock tonight?" I shout downstairs, forever hoping she would say yes. I mean I like my mum don't get me wrong but if a cute boy comes round, she will automatically assume I am dating him, and then I might actually considered living on the streets in Italy.

No all mums' are embarrassing, just mine is. Period.

"Well, I'm seeing Julie at 2... oh and I am out straight after that, I'm going to the cinema with Suzie at 4! Sorry love, did you want to do something? I'll make it up to you and get some sweets and we can watch a movie together sometime? Is that alright?"

Dan smiled at his mums' rambling on to his question. Sometimes he did thank that his mum had more of a social life than him, also at about how nice she can be. Dan giggled at the fact he wanted his mum out the house and she is giving him free food and a day in, in return.

"It's okay! What time will you be back?" Dan shouts again.

"Around 7! We are having food after but I left you some money to order some food yourself! There is a selection of menus in the drawer!" She shouts back.

"Okay, thank you!" Dan shouts back, and then runs to his phone; almost tripping over the flat carpet while doing so, reminding him to take his socks off as the floors can be slippy with socks on.

Since their first talk through Facebook, both of them agreed Facebook was a load of crap and exchanged numbers instead, from then on I find really anyway to talk to him. In person or through texting.

"Hey Phil, bring your bag with you when you come to mine! Like you may need your bag and that, also my mum has left us food as she's out, anyway yeah, are you okay to be here around 4?"

As soon as I send the text I start to get nervous, what if he doesn't come? But what if he does come round and he gets bored! I can't have him feeling bored! Well I have got a few hours, I'll prepare some things in my head, just to make sure he will be happy at all times.

Okay so it's 1:30 now, so I have a few hours before Phil comes here so I shall make a mental checklist:

1. Make a playlist

2. Tidy my room

3. Get out some video games

4. Decide on food place

Okay so I will start by tidying my room. This really won't take long, as my room is reasonably tidy, just the odd pair of underwear or socks on the floor, an out of place object and a dirty floor that needs a good hoover. I start straight away, putting all my dirty laundry in the wash basket, and putting away all the small objects I had lying around my room. Maybe getting distracted once in a while with the things I would find.

Before I knew it an hour had past and I only had an hour and a half before Phil came! I got my computer out and logged onto Spotify, clicking on add new playlist. Then my mind went blank. What music should I choose? Okay so what are my options; wait no what does Phil like? I remember Muse of course but what else? I can't remember... crap! Well Phil looks like the type of person, to like different music. He is sort of the person that is quite hidden, but you can tell that he likes things that are not so common, among most people.

I devise a playlist containing, Muse, some indie songs from people by, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Bright Eyes, Mindy Gledhill, The Workday Release, also some other songs from artists similar to Muse. Okay I only need to decide where to eat, to which I have an hour to do plus shower and change. I pull out a few menu selections and decide that, I'll decide when Phil gets here.

With an hour to go, I rush up the stairs, quickly getting undressed and turning the shower on, jumping in way too early so I was confronted with a shower of liquid nitrogen. I shiver as the shower starts to run, the hot water seems entrancing and I am automatically so relaxed. I wash my hair and body thoroughly so I feel extremely clean, and am a thousand percent sure I smell okay.

I am still thinking about what things Phil and I could do, I mean we have the English homework and food and some video games. We also have TV and I have a selection of films to watch if all fails, but what else could we do? What would normal friends do? What if whatever we are doing turns into a Patrick and Charlie situation from The Perks of Being a Wallflower? If only...

What if we made a den!? I mean I know it sounds childish but I love dens. Something about being a small place, surrounded with fairy lights, blankets and pillows covering the ground. Sheet covering yourselves from the real world! Maybe watching some Disney movies, lying down eating some sweets and lemonade or cups of hot chocolate.

Wow. I wonder if Phil would do any of that? I mean that may seem childish to him and that would probably ruin any chance of him liking me at all. That's if he is gay though. Or even heteroflexible.

Oh.

How long have I been in the shower? I mean it's not that long, I think the den may not take that long, even if Phil thinks it's immature, I can convince him to like it! Okay so I will collect the fairy lights from my room, the chairs from all the rooms, the spare sheets from the wardrobes and also all my technology needs to be taken downstairs. Oh as well as my small collection of Disney films an-

Knock Knock Knock "Dan? Are you in?"

Oh No...

"HOLD ON A MINUTE!"

A/N

WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT! I UPDATED!

Yeah, well basically do any of you guys wanna tell why I feel extremely euphoric at times, like a fuzzy warm, euphoric? I don't know, I'm weird. 

Well I love the next chapter of this. I mean I haven't wrote it yet, but I have planned it out in my head and it is amazing planned out! Hehe, I'm so excited to write it, but I do have  many tests and other things to learn *cough* drama lines *cough* (I did get an A in my last drama test though woop!)

I'm gonna stop rambling now, yeah! 

I LOVE YOU SQUISHES!

Twitter: @ dottymathers

Tumblr: dottymathers.tumblr.com