11; Temptation and the fool

Jack Aomori

"Show me your inner ocean," the strange man violined. 

"My what...?" I asked humbly. Still fearful, I raised my arms to notice all the wounds were gone. What had happened? The wind had died down now and I was still trying to make out the figure standing in front of me.

"Your insides," replied the strangely beautiful man, "your heart."

"How?" I queried impatiently. 

 I could feel every inch of myself growing with hesitance, impatience, but above all, anger.

The only real issue evolving consisted in feeling paralyzed in some way. Yes, I began to feel drowsy..tired...deeper....

 The more I started visualizing the man, the weaker I became. 

 "Fear not," the man replied, "for I live, just like you..." his voice eerie, echoing in the light.

"Where...where am I?"

Suddenly, the man's face started to contort. It transformed into a red, kaleidoscopic sort of machinery. I don't know how to explain it...

 The man refused to answer. I waited, staring into his gleaming eyes. They shone, much like the light I had been emanating like a dragon not so long beforehand.

 I soon felt anger surging once more. Anger and fear.

"Tell me! Where am I? What is this place? Who are you?!" I bellowed. 

 The man smiled, then stepped forward. A white cloud shivered and shimmered underneath him. I managed to get a better view of what he was wearing; nothing too special, simply a white, glowing robe.

 "My name, fellow Jack, is Elfus."

Elfus...I thought to myself, registering the peculiar name in my mind. 

"You are in Heavenis, one of the mind's most important places. You surely will have studied it: you scientists have labeled it 'H22'."

 'H22!' I said mentally. Like D12, H22 was a room within Xara's mind. Each room has a different consistency and regards different topics, like memories, imagination...fears.

 H22 is the spiritual part of the mind, located right behind one's pineal gland-the third eye. Yet, most scientists have rarely believed in a 'third eye', and very few have attempted to discover whether it exists or not. 

 The person I was talking to was referring to God's atoms, the light of each being. What 'Elfus' was claiming was that 'Heavenis' is the actual soul incorporated within each human body. 

 Why was this place named 'Heavenis', however? Heaven is the so-called destination of each good soul; the opposite of hell and standing above Purgatory and...Limbo!

 Adrian must be stuck in Limbo, the temporary tomb of the non-baptized according to Christianity, yet also the destination of a second mind trapped within a mind host, such as Xara's. 

 For example, placing this story on hiatus for one moment, were Xara's mind to suddenly collapse, Adrian-without using his genius, of course-would be eternally trapped in Limbo. 

 That leaves three people to help him: Dr. Hunter, Jason and myself.

 What would happen to me? I thought quickly, racking my imaginary brains in order to find a solution to my impending doom. 

 "You're safe here, my friend," replied Elfus, with a slightly Germanic accent. It sounded slightly German and slightly Dutch with a tinge of English.