The Earth is Slowly Falling Apart (By Earth I Mean Mind)

Emma woke up on the couch, with a coffee cup and a note in front of her.

'Be back soon
-SH'

"Great", she murmured to herself. She sat up on the couch and ran her hands through her hair. Her very messy hair.

She went into the kitchen and looked in the fridge. Still nothing. She did the same with the freezer.
"Oh, come on Sherlock. I thought I told you to get rid of these." She shook her head at the hands that were still in the bag that were still in the freezer, and shut the freezer door.

She went back over to the couch and took the coffee mug in hand and started drinking. Thats when she looked at the note, what it said, how it was written, and realized that something was wrong here.

That note. Its not in Sherlock's hand writing.

She immediately started freaking out, thinking it was the murderer.

"Calm yourself, Emma", she spoke to herself. "Stay calm. You're over thinking."

In fact, that's really what was happening. She was just over thinking.

She studied the note and calmed down. The writing was exactly the same as the writing on Mrs. Hudson's calendar. Sherlock must've just asked Mrs. Hudson to write it for him. He's probably out asking people questions, or studying the crime scene that blocked Baker Street. Find out who this crazy murderer is.

She looked around the room and mentally slapped herself. "I must be really slow this morning." She walked to the front door and looked at the floor where she found a clue to where Sherlock went. A water stain. "His brother. He's with his brother." It was raining outside and if Sherlock went out and never came back, it couldn't be from him. She knew that his brother carried an umbrella everywhere because of her deduction skills. "Time to call John."

She walked over to Sherlock's messy desk and stated taking things off of it. She left everything exactly how it was in piles on the floor. She opened drawers, looked through gruesome folders, and checked the piles on the floor. She started going through the drawers again, and was happy when she found John's number. Instead of calling him right away, she put everything back on Sherlock's desk the way it was before. "He'll still notice, but its worth a try", she shrugged.

She sat back down on the couch, got out her cellphone, and called John.

"Hello?"

"Yes, hi John. It's Emma."

"Emma?"

"Sherlock knows me, don't worry. I'm just wondering if you have Mycroft's number?"

"Yeah... I'm not so sure that I can give that to you."

"John, you were a war doctor in Afghanistan. Needed a cane to walk, or limp, or whatever it was you did, and then you met Sherlock and your life turned around. I helped out Mrs. Hudson with her groceries just yesterday. She told me all about Mrs. Turner and bridge. Then we saw Molly over at St. Bart's. She was so mad that I was there with Sherlock. I also met Lestrade the other day, too. Right now you can hear Mrs. Hudson down in her kitchen cooking, and, from the windows, the all too familiar streets. The number?"

"Uhm...", he still sounded unsure, but at least more sure than before. "Do you have a pen?"

------------

Emma got out Sherlock's laptop and typed in the phone number. She got a 'track my phone' to find out where Mycroft was. It didn't work, so she hacked it a bit. She got the address and wrote it down, adding her name to the note in case Mrs. Hudson decided to come up.

'Be back soon
-SH & E'

She walked out of the comfy flat and called a cab, leaving the warm coffee to turn cold.

------------

"Here you are, lady", the cab driver looked at her like she was crazy. "An abandoned warehouse", he whispered under his breath and shook his head slightly.

"Thanks", she replied with a smile and a tip. Make him confused.

Emma got out of the car and looked at the old building. As soon as the cab left from behind her, she walked to the front doors. There was a big chain and lock on it. She started getting a hair pin from the top of her head, but immediately put it back. It would make some noise that Sherlock and his brother would notice.

She walked around the building, checking every door. When she found the unlocked one, she took out her phone and texted Sherlock.

'Sherlock where are you?'

She stepped into the building and gently closed the door behind her.

'When are you coming back?'

She started walking down the hall, careful to hear any voices.

'Mrs. Hudson's making tea'

She heard a ding and stopped in her tracks. Sherlock got her text.

"Who are you texting, brother?" Mycroft asked.

"Emma."

"Emma. What's so important about Emma?"

Emma tensed as she watched from behind a stocked shelf. It was old DVD's and disks.

Sherlock glance up from his phone. "Well, Mycroft, you are a 'genius'."

"Don't question my intelligence", he huffed. "Answer my question."

"What isn't important?" Emma smiled and relaxed behind the shelf. "She's smart, beautiful. But sometimes, she's incredibly slow." Her shoulders drooped as she heard the last statement.

"I know what you mean", Mycroft agreed.

"He knows what you mean?" Emma yell whispered. She covered her mouth with her hand and hid completely behind a stack of boxes.

"Sometimes she thinks she can get away with anything", Sherlock said another fact.

Mycroft laughed. "Like the Holmes brothers wouldn't notice."

"Would you like to meet her?" Sherlock asked him.

"I think", Mycroft paused, "We should let her decide."

Emma creeped out from behind the boxes. Two sets of eyes were patiently waiting for her. Instead of asking Sherlock 'how'd you know?' she decided to just act like this was all part of the plan.

"Emma", she put out her hand for Mycroft to shake. He took it, giving a firm handshake. "You must be Mycroft. Sherlock's told me all about you." She smiled like this was completely and utterly normal.

"No he hasn't", he bluntly stated.

Emma stared at the ground awkwardly. She looked up at Sherlock. "Great brother. Very... socially interactive."

Sherlock laughed at his brother (mentally, not physically, he is still Sherlock) and then stared at Emma.

"I know you want to know how I know because its been a slow morning for you, so I'll tell you why. Mrs. Hudson would've made me tea before I left, I always wake up to a cup, and two, I made you coffee. She knows that. No need for tea. Also, for someone who tried to be quiet you didn't do much of a good job."

"Okay, that question was pretty easy", she started. "Let's see if you can answer this one." She pointed at Mycroft. "Brother. Why?"