Secrets

"Please, no! I beg of you no! Mama!" I plead as my mother is being raped in front of my father and I. There's no one to stop them, my father is tied up and there's a knife to my neck. I close my eyes while my body shakes with each sob.
I awake with a scream and shoot up into the sitting position. My head connects with something hard. "Did you just headbud me?" The deep voice is startling but also soothing. I feel the bed dip and a few moments later a light switch is turned on. "Are you okay?" His voice is filled with concern. "I'm fine." I comb my fingers into my hair pulling it out of my face. "You seemed scared." "It was just a nightmare, I said I was fine... How did I get here?" "You fell asleep on the ground, I thought you would be more comfortable in a bed." "You mean in your bed?" "Why are you so damn stubborn?" "Hmmp." I turn away from him and walk into the bathroom. Deciding to take a shower I sit and think. The only reason I came here was to make money for my family. I feel like a failure. I get out and look myself in the mirror. A few tears escape my eyes, but I quickly wipe them away. There's no place for self-pity in my life. "Ummm Trent?" I say through the door. "Yes my love?" I curse silently. "Can I have a towel?" I hear laughing and I roll my eyes. "Donat pressa." "What you just say to me?" "Nothing, yes or no huge bear?" I say laughing. "Okay, open up." "Don't look!" I open the door and he is face the other direction with the towel behind his back. I take it, securing it around me and smile at is manners. "Thank you. You can turn around now." He turns around but with his hands over his eyes. I laugh and remove his hands. He smiles at me and I quickly take my hands from his and exit the bathroom. On the bed there is a long t-shirt, bra, socks underwear, and a pair of basketball shorts. He has went into the bathroom so I assume he is taking a shower. I dress quickly and wait for him to get out. He walks out about 15 minutes later with a towel around his waist and one he's using to dry his hair. I fold my legs crisscrossed and wait for him to notice me. "Hey." I say and he looks up and smiles. "Hey." "Look I know I've been a real pain in the ass, but thank you." "For what?" "Even though you kidnapped me, I have shelter and food and yeah. So thank you." He chuckles. "I didn't kidnap you. You could have left whenever you felt like it. You chose to stay." "Just take the compliment." He laughs really hard at that. He turns around and drops his towel. My face is immediately hot. He turns his head to look at me and I cast my eyes down. He walks into his closet and comes out in a white V-neck and Grey sweats. "So you wanna talk about why you were screaming for your mother while you were asleep?"