(2) Bean Water

Angeline's POV

"You'll get the damn book when I finish it!" I said for the hundredth time. I rolled my eyes with a large annoyed sigh.

"Ang you need to hurry up and finish it!" Steve barked. I smiled to myself while walking down Grand Ave. Steve, my publisher, has been on my ass for weeks about this damn book. I'll admit I've got a bad case of writer's block. I'm so close to finishing it, yet I'm stumped. Every day Steve has text or called asking about it. 'Your fans are restless' he tells me. To be completely honest, I could care less. Okay, I care a lot but he doesn't have to know that. I'm just patiently waiting for something to inspire me to finish this book. There's like this brick wall I can't seem to get over.

"Alright Steve, I'll work on it." I huffed. Feeling satisfied with my answer, Steve hung up. Another call was waiting. After answering it I returned to my journey. I could have had my driver take me but these streets were packed. I had different book signings and the stores weren't too far apart. I glanced down at my diamond watch that Marylynn got me as a gift for my book getting published, I have 15 minutes to get there. If Richard, my housekeeper, hadn't spilled baby formula on me I would be fine. I didn't blame him though. Being home with a newborn baby is rough. However, this is how they wanted it. By they, I mean him and his wife. Fortunately, his wife is my bodyguard. Talk about a switch on gender roles. She was an ex-marine who served 12 years. Marylynn is really young, and she just had her first child. Despite my protesting, she decided to return to work as my bodyguard immediately. Growing up in Brazil was rough for her. She was forced to enter the army at age 16 to help support her family. I met her 10 years ago while traveling for my book. She saved my life and we've been best friends ever since. Shortly after she quit the service she met Richard. I was skeptical of him at first. He turned out to be a real sweetheart. Who knew he would be such a softy when Marylynn got pregnant with Ashton.

My phone buzzed causing me to snap out of thought. I checked and saw it was Marylynn. I let it go to voicemail, then text her and told her to go ahead of me and wait at the store. I wanted to stop at the cafe on the way and get an espresso. Without my daily dose of coffee, hell will freeze over. Think I'm kidding? Try me. Unfortunately, Marylynn has witnessed it a few times. She knows better. I even snapped at Richard once or twice. Just give me coffee and the world spins like normal.

"Don't know how to answer your phone?" Marylynn asked as I approached the store. I rolled my eyes and waved to the fans lined up outside. They cheered and Marylynn ushered me inside. The warmth hit me and a shiver ran down my body. Leggings probably weren't the smartest choice for the weather. Beauty is pain. Motto to live by. I sat down at the table they set up. There were already people waiting for me. I checked the time to see I still had another 5 minutes before we actually had to start. I took that time to sip on my delicious espresso. Mmmm pumpkin spice! I handed Marylynn her black coffee and she accepted it with a smile. My nose scrunched up as she takes a sip of her bean water with a sigh of content. Marines and their nasty ass coffee.

"So have you told Steve about your hair yet?" She asked. I chuckled and shook my head.

"He's going to be pissed. Probably have to schedule another photo shoot." She stated while sipping her cup of dirt. She often calls me the 'basic white girl' whenever I insist on getting all the extras when it comes to coffee. Honestly, I don't see how she drinks it with nothing in it. I mean come on, at LEAST add sugar. Nope. She likes it fresh from the pot. Richard doesn't. He has to have creamer and sugar. We both like to tease her sometimes. Richard is the housekeeper but Marylynn is the one who trained him. Both for keeping the house in order and in the bedroom. Marylynn picked up a few fetishes in her lifetime. Mistress Marylynn, that's what Richard calls her. Yes, she is a Mistress and poor Richard is her submissive. I can't complain; I'm both. The term they use for people like me is Switch. However, I haven't been a sub in a long time. I like to be the one in control. I've had plenty of subs in my lifetime though.

"Time to start!" My assistant, Grace, cheered. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at her perkiness. Eight in the morning and she was this hyper. It's part of the reason I hired her.

People began walking up to me, each keeping their head bowed. It doesn't shock me. Those who read my book know that I am a real-life Mistress. My fan-base is more submissives than Doms but I don't mind. It brings a smile to my face when they show this much respect.

The next two hours were filled with me signing books and posing for pictures. Steve called four times during the signing but I ignored it. He knew I was busy, so he shouldn't have called at all. He likes to push my buttons knowing I can't do anything about it. I would never fire him. However, if it was anyone else they wouldn't last ten minutes. My staff learned that quickly. People in my office seem to respect me well. I guess it's because I'm nice to them. Any other millionaire author would probably be a major bitch.

"Okay, you have a photoshoot at one. Steve called and told me." Grace said. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Of course, a fan posted a photo and he saw I dyed my hair. It used to be light brown, now it's dark red. I liked it, I needed the change. Okay, maybe it had to do with the fact that someone called me Angelina Jolie. I don't look like that marvelous creature one bit!

"Alright. Is there someone playing the submissive for the cover?" I asked while throwing my cup away. Grace furrowed her brow and got to typing away on her iPad. She looked up and shook her head. Figures.

"Okay, well I'm going to walk there. Maybe I'll find some eye candy on the way." I said while putting my coat back on.

"It's 2 miles away," Marylynn stated sternly. I gave her the 'and?' look. She sighed but didn't say anything else. Marylynn knows not to argue with me. When my mind is made up, there is no changing it. Like the many times, she tried to get me out of cutting my hair and dying it. I did it anyway and she was not pleased. The way I see it, it's my hair. I will do with it as I please.

I left the store after thanking the owner. Autumn made its presence known by the cold bite of frost. I could see people rushing past trying to get to their destination. After crossing the street I headed in the direction of my friend's BDSM club. It's been open for a few months now. I've been a member since day one. Of course, my gbf, or gay best friend, is the proud owner. His name is Jake. He's also a porn star. I don't wish to give exact details on how we met.

I stopped when some brown-eyed beauty caught my attention. He wore a worn grey jacket that was three sizes too big for him. His arms buried in the pockets of his jacket as he hunched over, fighting the cold the best way he can. His messy hair fell over his dirty face hiding most of it. His brown eyes made contact with mine as if he sensed someone was staring at him. We held eye contact until he ducked into an alley. I couldn't help but think he would make the perfect model after getting cleaned up and maybe a haircut. Besides, if he's homeless, he wouldn't cost nearly as much as an actual model. By the time I actually reached the alley, he was gone. I shrugged it off and headed towards the club. I'm sure Jake will have some random twink who wouldn't mind posing with me. I liked to be on the cover of my own books. I used to do BDSM photoshoots but after the incident with Kris, I stopped. Let's just say he's the reason why I suddenly have a bodyguard. An author shouldn't need a bodyguard. Yes, money brings out the bloodhounds, but nothing that warrants a 24/7, live in, military-trained bodyguard. 

▪▪▪