I honestly don't know when the middle is gonna start

I'm sorry this photo kinda suxs but it was the closest I could find to what I wanted him to look like.

He was definitely good looking, but in an innocent way. He had dark black hair and bright blue eyes. Not 'Smoking hot' like some books described the males, more adorable. But still a knockout. He wore a gray tattered army like jacket, some tattered jeans with numerous pockets sewn in, and one emerald jewel hung from his left ear.

"Ok, ok, please don't hurt me"

"I thought I told you to shut up. I need to think."

"Fine but could you at least put the knife down?"

"No. Stop talking or it will go up."

That finally shut him up. Now I had to think. What the hell was I going to do? Would it be safe to let him go? Or was there another option? Should I just kill him? No, I had a better idea. Maybe I could use him. I knew next to nothing about the present world, and none of the books I had read seemed to cover what had been going on lately. Maybe this kid (I was now sure he was younger than me) could help me, guide me maybe. But where? Where did I want to go? How could I fly? The it finally occurred to me. Jets. I could be a pilot. I might have to work for it, I might have to train, it might take years, but I would be able to get up in the air... I could be free...

"I've decided." I said finally.

"O-On what?" he stuttered nervously.

"I want you to guide me toward a place where I can be a pilot."

"ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY LADY?!?!?!" he screamed. I held the knife a little tighter to his throat. Dammit, I hated negotiations. He would probably want something in return, but what could I give him? I had to figure it out though. I just had to.

"I'll give you anything!" I snapped, allowing a bit of my frustration to leak through my voice.

This seemed to make him pause. He studied the library, now trashed thanks to him, nervously.

"Well, first put the knife down."

"Fine." I removed the knife from his throat and carefully backed away, making sure he wouldn't try anything.

Instantly his demeanor changed. He was no longer a scared nervous young man, he was a cool and calm professional, ready to talk business. He was a negotiator. Dammit.

"Why do you want me to take you to the base?"

"The base? What is the base?"

He looked at me with an odd expression on his face. "Everyone knows what the base is."

"I don't. I'm.. new to this lifestyle."

His eyes widened. "Are you one of those shelter people? Whoa."

Shelter people? Oh yeah, apparently in WW2 some people has built shelters underground where they could live for years at a time in the case of a bombing. That was the only possible explanation for what he seemed to be referencing.

"Close enough..." I mumbled. I really didn't want to try and explain the whole story. Too long..

"Okay, so long story short the base is well.. a military base located across the country, the biggest one."

"Great. Take me there and give you what you want."

"What do you have?"

"Books. Info. I have had numerous tests on combat abilities and am able to perform well with multiple basic medical procedures. I can also hunt."

His bright blue eyes grew, if possible, even brighter. "What do you mean, books? You men you can... READ ?!?!?!?"

What was the big deal? From the info I was able to gather from my time spent in the library, reading was not an uncommon trait. Huh...

"You miss, have got yourself a deal."

Yay.

IM TIRED AND DONE AND WORKED SO FREAKING HARD ON THIS SO YOU PEOPLE BETTER APPRECIATE IT. VOTES COOKIES KITTYS WHATEVER I NOEMALLY SAY. IM GOING TO SLEEP NOW GOODBYE.