Chapter 14

CHAPTER 14

The weekend passed in a blur. We spent Saturday lazying around Zoe's house doing nothing. Harris was still embarrassed by his blanket revelation and stayed out of our way. By the time I got home it had been way passed evening. I had dinner with my mum who told me that my dad wouldn’t be back for a few days. I was glad. No more “bodyguard” talk at least for a while. I knew sooner or later I would agree, so the more it was delayed, the better.

I spent Sunday doing my homework; studying a little extra to catch up for the time I missed at school and spending some quality time with my mother.

When I pulled up in the school’s parking lot on Monday, I still had half an hour till school started. Leisurely walking out of my car and straightening my grey mid-thigh length dress which I was wearing with my black skinny jeans and pumps, I started to walk towards the building gates.

I was a little surprised to see Arman standing there leaning casually against the wall. He was wearing a casual green t-shirt with loosely fitted jeans. His eyes lit up when he saw me and he started to jog in my direction.

"Hey, Mia! I've been waiting for you." He said with a smile when he reached me.

"Have you?" I asked while smiling back.

"Yes. Apart from the fact that I wanted to tell you that Aryan won’t be coming to school today, I’m actually supposed to convey a message to you from the office." He said walking along with me towards the school.

"The office?" I asked curiously. "Why?" I didn’t say anything about Aryan not coming in. I was glad, but I don’t think my joy would sit well with Arman.

"Oh nothing serious." He said waving it off. "There’s an new student you’re supposed to show around."

"A new student?" I asked incredulously. So, the Principal was won over on this one.

 I wonder what it would take to convince him to rid me of Aryan.

"Yeah, surprising isn’t it? Never thought I’d see the day." Arman said animatedly.

"Well if they got the principal to agree, then this new student sure must be something."

"I know, right?" He responded.

I and Arman parted ways a little after that. He walked away towards his friends while I continued to walk towards the office texting Widzi on the way telling her that I probably wouldn’t make it to her before-school meeting. I nearly bumped into Sid.

“Sorry.” I smiled at him.

He just nodded in response, his attention clearly somewhere else before asking, “Have you seen Muria?”

“No, not yet.” I replied.

“She’s probably with Widzi.” He mumbled more to himself than me.

“Probably.” I tried not to laugh at him. He seemed like a nice guy, if he didn’t always hound Muria, I’m sure she would have given him a chance ages ago.

My phone vibrated after a few seconds.

*r u mad at me? :(* Widzi had texted back.

*of course not silly! Just have something to do before school starts. I'll tell you later.* I replied.

*m glad ur nt mad. :)*

I didn’t text her back as I had reached the office then. I entered Miss Nabeel's office first.

"You asked for me?" I said standing in front of her desk.

"Oh yes, dear! There’s a new student who needs to be showed around. You’re the only one I could think of for this task. You don’t mind do you?" She asked with a little frown on her face.

"Of course not!" I said with a genuine smile on my face. "I’m happy to help."

"Ok then. You'll just have to wait for a bit. Our new addition will be out in a minute. "

I stepped outside waiting. A little later I heard a door opening and then Miss Nabeel explaining to someone that I would be showing them around. I didn’t bother to look up when the new student came out of the office. But then he said something that nearly gave me a heart attack.

"Well, well beautiful; guess you were wrong after all."

(Hi, everyone. Hope everyone's ok. Comment/Vote if you like.)