Ch.11

Dean's p.o.v.

Sam and Cas stood behind me as they finally got me close to Avery. They kept nagging at me to get the last dance with her all night until I couldn't  really do anything about it. My heart was thumping underneath my chest as my hands shook furiously.

"H-Hey, Avery would you like to d-dance?" I ask holding my hand out as I swallowed down the lump in my throat.

"I... I would love to." She says taking my hand as I lead her out onto the dance floor, not realizing I lead us to the middle of the floor.

The lights began to dim as the DJ announced that this was the last slow song. Avery and I began to sway to the beat of the song as we inched closer together until we were chest to chest, lost in the moment. It seemed like the song went on forever as we stared into each other's eyes as I admired the way her eyes shined in the little amount of light. Soon I began to feel both of us lean in closing the space between us slowly, until the song changed causing everyone to change speed and both me and Avery jump apart.

"Um..... Thanks for the dance Dean." She said as she gave me a hug and vanished through the crowd her cheeks scarlet.

I didn't see her the rest of the night, what was I going to do??

Avery's p.o.v.

It was Sunday morning, I couldn't recall the little bit of last night after the incident with Dean. Getting out of bed I go into my closet to get a pair of clothes for the day.(outfit on cover) Checking the time I had about 4 hours tell Bren comes to get me to show me how to skateboard and all that. Hopping into the shower I go over what happened last night, I tried to block it out but the image of Dean almost kissing me was scared into my eyelids. Finishing up I dry off and get dressed not doing any makeup today.

"Come on Sparky." I say as I watch his figure pop out from under the covers.

Walking down the stairs I see Pete sitting on the couch with the kids watching Elmo or something. Opening the back door I walk Sparky to the edge of the forest and tell him to go on. As he runs around for a bit I check my phone seeing Bren texted me.

Bren: Be their in 15 😝

Me: k dork🤓

Putting my phone in my pocket Sparky and I walk back to the house getting something to eat. Checking the cupboards I find some Life cereal and make myself a bowl while scrolling through Instagram. Upon finishing off the cereal I hear Brendon come barging the through the door.

"Ayyyeee!!!!! Ready or what!" He said walking into the kitchen giving me a tight embrace.

"Ya.... but you have to let go so we can." I say as he lets go chuckling, he was wearing a blue muscle shirt with ripped skinny jeans, his torn up vans and a snap back.

The whole day went by so quickly as we had fun. Coming and getting ready for the week was pain stacking until I finally went to bed.

-Time lapse-

School had gone by so quickly I barely remember any of the school year. Dean and I never mentioned the party incident at all. But as soon as school ended it seemed as if summer went by just as fast. Dean had spent his summer hunting with his dad and Sam while I hung out on tour with the guys over that time, me and Dean barely talked over the summer. Soon the new school year started up and I would talk to Dean about the incident.

Freshman year was different but only because I was now in classes with other people. Dean, Cas, and I all had classes together so we saw each other as soon as first bell rang. The only thing people talked about at school was the Homecoming dance on Friday, the school did dances with themes in high school. This years theme was Mystery no one would know who was who until the end of the night.