Chapter 7

Kylo casually tossed Skurn across the training room as if she were nothing. "I thought you were trained, now show me you can fight!"

The bounty hunter groaned and sat up with a glare. "Why do I have to train? Hiring me to fight doesn't mean training!"

He lifted his hand and watched her grasp at her throat for breath. "You will obey me unless you wish to die... Is that understood?"

She gasped for breath as he released his hold before answering. "Y-yes... I u-understand."

"Good." Kylo nodded. "Now try again."

"I can't use the Force, I don't know why you want me to try but nothing is happening." He could sense the anger in her and smirked under his helmet, oh, she would... the power was strong if she could just use it.

"All you need is a push." Kylo forced his way into her mind, blocking out her screams of pain as he brought forth painful memory after painful memory, he needed to know why she wouldn't use her abilities... or at least why they were being concentrated on herself.

He found himself in a small house with a chill that crept in from the cold world outside. Skurn's child like self was currently cringing as her parents fought in the other room, even at the age of three she had been aware they were arguing about her.

"That child is a monster, I should have stayed in the Mandalore system and let you keep her." A woman's voice hissed.

"Our child is no monster unless you make her one." A man with dark hair burst from the other room while shooting a glare over his shoulder.

"Dad?" Skurn gave him a nervous look, her body shaking.

Kylo watched her father pick her up. "It's fine Zeh, Mommy is just stressed."

"Why does she hate me?" The small child asked, tucking her face into his shoulder. "Is it because I got mad and broke something?"

"No, of course not. She just needs time to calm down, she didn't know what she was saying."

Kylo pushed through the memory, bored by it, until another one appeared where it showed her parents arguing once more... it appeared to only be a few weeks later. Skurn was huddled in the corner with wide fear filled eyes as she listened to them fighting.

Suddenly she jumped up and ran between them. "Stop! Stop fighting!"

She held out her hands as if to push them apart, which was amusing considering her size, but what peaked his interest was what happened. When her arms raised her parents flew back into opposite directions... and there was a sound of bones snapping as her father hit the wall. Skurn lowered her arms, shaking violently in fear at what she'd done before running towards her father.

"Dad? Dad, are you okay? Dad, answer me!" Skurn's face was full of pain and panic, her arms crossed against her chest with her hands in fists... scared of hurting him.

Kylo could see from where he was that the father was dead... his neck snapped. Skurn's mother however, was not so dead. Rage filled the woman's eyes and Kylo saw her snatch a knife off the counter before stalking towards her daughter.

"You monster. I always knew you were more like your father than me!"

Skurn whirled around to face her mother just as the knife came down, Kylo saw blood rain down on the floor as a gash appeared that ran from her jaw line to collar bone. The child staggered back in confusion and anger, holding her hand to the wound until it was stained red as well. Kylo turned to the mother, what idiot would see what their child did as a monster? Didn't that woman realize what kind of power her daughter had? Anger seeped into him but he knew nothing he said would mean anything here.