Prologe

Two cats emerged from a den, one was talking loudly. "We can't risk it, Rageclaw!"
The other tom-Rangeclaw- spoke quietly. "But it will make us stronger! You are too fed up in playing allies with the other Clans! We need to do it!"
"No! As long as I am leader of this Clan, we will not stage an attack on StoneClan." The tom growled.
"If I were leader, you would be nothing, Emberstar." Rageclaw growled.
"But you are my deputy. You are not the leader yet." Emberstar snarled.
"Let's see about that. Shadowshard! Get the kit!" Rageclaw yowled.
A sleek black tom emurged from the nursery, holding a kit.
"Now, cooprate, Emberstar. You don't want anything to happen to this kit, do you?" Rageclaw sneered.
"No... Not Wingkit." Emberstar whispered.
"Yes." Rageclaw flicked his tail. "I have the Dark Forest on my side!"
"I banish you, Rageclaw. I always knew you were up to no good. You just confirmed my suspicions!" Emberstar said triumphantly.
Rageclaw growled and stalked away. "I will be back! I will have my revenge in that kit!"
Shadowshard put Wingkit down. "Here, Emberstar."
"Thank you, Shadowshard, StarClan will praise your good deeds. Thank you for telling me of his plan." Emberstar said.
"You are my best friend. I will always serve you." Shadowshard said kindly.
"Take this kit under you wing. Train him, but don't let him know it." Emberstar ordered.
Shadowshard bowed his head. "Yes, my leader."
"Thank you my old friend. I give you permission to be as you want with this kit. Train him hard and cold. Train him like the shadows in your name..." Emberstar trailed off, looking at the kit.
"As you wish, my friend. I await your commands." Shadowshard bowed his head and left.
"Yes. This kit will be great! He will be our leader for many successful seasons. He will become our symbol. The great Wingstar..." Emberstar yowled and froze.
Someone was watching him.
Please StarClan. Spare this kit. I will give the rest of my lives for this kit. If you just spare him from the dangers ahead... Emberstar pleaded. Save this kit from the darkness ahead...