Chapter 6

DANIEL HAD ARRANGED for a minivan to transport them to East Baltimore. They arrived well in advance of the appointed time and walked into the hospital holding hands, Jason between his parents. Jason was beaming. Looking at him, no one would have guessed he was on his way to have major surgery.

Kissing her son goodbye before the procedure was the hardest thing Paige had ever had to do.

Paige and Daniel remained outside the surgical suite the entire time. The wait was excruciating. Nearly four hours later, the surgeon finally walked into the room, wiping perspiration from his forehead. Paige rose immediately, Daniel by her side.

Noting the surgeon's drawn features, fatigue clearly evident on his face, Paige was filled with terror. Then she saw the corners of his mouth curve. She clutched Daniel's hand more firmly and stepped forward, still afraid to ask.

"We removed the tumor, Mrs. Kinsley. There's no evidence the cancer has metastasized, and there were no complications."

Paige sagged against Daniel and started to weep. Daniel held her tightly as the doctor continued. "While there's always risk of infection, we'll be watching for it. Jason should make a full recovery."

                                                                                       * * * * *

PAIGE, DANIEL AND Jason were holding hands again the day they left the hospital. It was a clear evening with bright pinpricks of stars overhead. Paige was stunned by the changes in her life in only a few short months. A husband she loved and cherished. A future full of hope and promise. And—most importantly—her little boy could look forward to many more Christmases.

With Jason's hand warm in hers, Paige gazed up at the night sky and silently said thanks for all the incredible miracles in her life.

                                                           * * * * *

                                                        THE END

                                     Copyright 2010 and 2015 by Kate James

I hope you enjoyed PAIGE'S MIRACLE. If you would like to read more about Paige, Daniel and Jason, please pick up a copy of A CHILD'S CHRISTMAS. It's available through most online retailers, including Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Childs-Christmas-Kate-James-ebook/dp/B00K9ZZA0G/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

My most recent release, WHEN LOVE MATTERS MOST, is available through your favorite online retailer. Harlequin Heartwarming books are also available in select Walmart stores the month after their release online.

I would love to hear from you. You can connect with me through my website at www.kate-james.com, twitter at www.twitter.com/KateJamesBooks or Facebook at www.facebook.com/KateJamesBooks.

Happy reading!

Kate