Chapter 23

He knew he should be happy that he was back home. He felt bad that he was in a bad mood all of the sudden.

His family were clamoring about what they were going to be eating dinner tonight. Ross was on the island, spaced out, thinking about the girl whom had saved him.

She had left so suddenly. No goodbye, nothing. She had left as soon as she came.

The blonde wanted for her to meet his family. He wanted his family to thank her and shower her with hugs. He wanted her to feel welcome here.

But he guesses that she was the one who didn't want to feel welcomed in his family's embrace.

"Ross? You okay?" his eldest sister, Rydel, asked when she came up to talk to him. He shrugged and looked at her. "Yeah."

She didn't seem to believe him, but she shrugged and left him think on his own.

He hopped off of the island and jogged upstairs to his room. He shut the door behind him and laid on his bed.

Oh, sweet bed. How he had longed to be back on his bed.

He smiled slightly but his thoughts had run back to Laura. Where did she go? In the blink of an eye, she had disappeared and he was not sure that he would be able to see her ever again, and that pained him.

She was the one who had helped him survive. It if it weren't for her, he would probably dead somewhere. She was the only who had stopped that day in the highway to help him get back to his family. It was like it was her number one priority.

She was the one who accompanied him and stayed by his side, no matter if there was no money or no food. She encouraged him daily that she would not stop until they found his family once again.

It was a short period of time, sure, but they had grown close. They spent every waking moment together, and slept in the same room together. Not in that way!

He sat up and groaned. He wanted to know everything. Why she was acting strange the past few days, why she had left all of the sudden. Why she didn't stay with him for one last time to meet his family.

Why?

He had thought that she was acting strange when they almost kissed that one day. Did she want to kiss him? Was she upset that she didn't get to kiss him?

The only reason why he didn't connect their lips was because he was afraid what would be the outcome of it if they did kiss. Would it become awkward between them? He didn't know, and he didn't want to find out.

If he only knew that either way, it was still going to be awkward.

"Ross! We're going to watch a movie, come downstairs!" Ryland called from outside of his door.

He didn't want to watch a movie, but he knew that he had to, for his family. He hadn't seen them in a while and he did want to spend time with him, whether he was heartbroken or not.

The bell soon rang and Ross went to go get it. As soon as he opened the door, his jaw fell down to the floor. "What are you doing here?"

"Hi Ross,"

A/N; sorry to make this so short and stuff, i'm kind of obsessed with my other book right now and I completely forgot about this one. CHECK OUT MY OTHER BOOK PLS -amber