Lunchtime Calling

Jean-Michel was quite happy. Kurt had invited him to join an extracurricular club that was for sophomores only. It was held in his homeroom, room 27. As they got into the lunchroom, Jim walked up to the freshman girl from before who Jean-Michel heard was named Poly, and who was known for her rebellious attitude. She was hanging out with the rest of the 'punks,' and Jim wanted to join in.

"Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name?" Jim said in a sing-song voice. Poly spat in his face as the punks laughed.

"Oh bondage up yours!" She shouted, stomping on his foot, as Sid and Joe couldn't control themselves and began to roll on the floor laughing. Laughter erupted in the cafeteria, and although Jean-Michel was laughing, he also felt sorry for him. 

Jean-Michel, Janis, Jim, and Jimi sat down at a table, when Joe shouted at Jim. "Phony Beatlemania has bitten the dust, dude!" Jim held his head in his hands.

"I'm the laughing stock of the school! I got my ass kicked by a freshman! A GIRL FRESHMAN!" He moaned. Kurt chuckled out of pity.

"She's obviously got the hots for you." Kurt said, trying to comfort him

"No, she totally digs Joe fucking Strummer!" He grunted and sneered at him. "What the hell even is phony Beatlemania?" Jimi shrugged. A lightbulb suddenly went off in Janis' head.

"Have you met Brian and Pigpen?" Jean-Michel recognized Brian, but not Pigpen.

He shook hands with Pigpen, as they introduced themselves. Soon, it was Jean-Michel's free period before core classes, and he tried talking to Poly. "Hi." Jean-Michel said to her. "I'm Jean-Michel."

"Yeah, I know."

"Can you try to be a little nicer to Jim? He'd die if I told you this, but he likes you. A lot." Poly blushed.

"I like him too." She whispered, giggling.

"Should I tell him?" She shook her head.

"I'll let him find out on his own." She winked, walking away. Jean-Michel smiled, but not for long. Because, he realized he felt that same way about someone else; Janis. Speaking of Janis, she skipped over towards him.

"Hey! What's up? Any developments in the Poly and Jim thing?"

"Yeah. Turns out Poly's got a thing for him. Don't tell though. She's gonna play 7 minutes in heaven tomorrow night at her place. It's totally rigged though."

"Great!" She responded, seductively smiling.