Chapter 1

Emma was in her bedchamber in her father's castle. She laid on a golden canopy bed with sheets and blankets that were as white as snow. Her pillows were fluffy and she slept peacefully. Her bedroom was covered in flowers. Emma was the daughter of David, who was the God of thunder. Her mother, Mary Margaret was the Goddess of the Harvest. Emma had the ability to change and grow flowers and bring life to the Earth. Like every morning, she awoke as the sun started to rise. She got out of bed and dressed before going out to her private garden that her father gave to her. She walked through the empty field and various flowers sprung from the ground behind her. She leaned back against the tree in the center of her garden. Moss began to grow around her body against the tree.

Useless

That's what she thought her power was. She didn't see herself as important as the other goddesses. She wasn't able to lead an army into battle and she wasn't able to make a mortal man do what she wanted just by the snap of her fingers.

But Emma wasn't aware of the god that had his eyes on her for awhile now. She didn't know that she could make him do whatever she wanted.

Many Years Ago...

Killian was the ruler of the Underworld. He was always in the presence of souls that had left their human tethers. His servants had tended to his every request, but despite being devilishly handsome, he still couldn't find a wife that he loved. He decided to pay a visit to his brother, David. The skies were clear as he emerged from his dark and stuffy home and up into Mount Olympus. He appeared in front of David who was sitting in the garden of his home.

"Killian! What do I owe the pleasure?" David asked holding his arms out as he looked at his brother.

"I've come for something." He chuckled and shook his head, "someone," he corrected. "I need a wife, brother."

"What's wrong with the countless maidens that you have bed before? Aren't they enough company for you anymore?"

Killian shook his head, "afraid not."

"Well, my daughter is having her birthday celebration tonight. You are invited to attend and see if any woman fits your needs." He stood up from the bench and looked his brother in the eye. "I must go but I wish you the best of luck."

"Thank you."

As David stood up and moved back to the castle, Killian caught sight of a beautiful woman sitting in the grass. She was picking purple flowers from the grass and placed each one of them on top of one another into a basket. He looked to his right and David was nowhere to be seen, so he decided to take matters into his own hands and introduce himself. As he got closer, he could make out more of her features. She had blonde curls and was dressed in a white dress and a flower crown sat on her head. She was humming to a melody that he didn't recognize but he didn't care. She was gorgeous. As he neared closer, his confidence wavered. This wasn't going to work. He wanted her now. He shook his head to clear his thoughts and changed his direction to the castle and away from the blonde beauty.

Present Day...

Killian wore his helm of darkness which cloaked him so he was invisible. He watched Emma lean against the tree in her garden and watched the moss spread around her. Even after many years she was still on his mind. It was as if it was love at first sight, on his half anyway. She didn't even know who he was and that he had been watching her since the first time he laid eyes on her. He walked to the castle and went to David where he was sitting on his throne.

"Killian! It's been too long," David exclaimed. He dismissed his guards with a wave of his hand.

"Apologies brother but I have a favor to ask of you," Killian said with a worried look in his eye.

"What is it?"

"It's about your daughter. Emma. I want to marry her and take her to the Underworld with me."

David looked at him intensely for a moment before bursting into laughter. "And what are you doing? Asking for my permission?"

"Aye."

"It was time for her to start picking a suitor anyway, but I see no problem in letting you wed her. Mary Margaret on the other hand, she may need more convincing."

He nodded. "Where is she?"

"Check the dining area. I shall lead you to her."

They found Mary Margaret with a bowl in her hands. She was appearing different grains and herbs on the table in front of her. She looked up at her husband and gave him a warm smile, but as Killian came into focus, she glared at him.

"Killian," she said bitterly.

"I have come here for permission, Mary Margaret. I would like to marry your daughter and take her to the Underworld with me," Killian said calmly.

She stood up, almost knocking the chair down as she did so. "Absolutely not! I will not give my daughter to you! She would be better off in the hands of a complete stranger! There is no way that my Emma is going with you!" She looked over at David. "How dare you even consider this!"

David held his hands up in defeat. "This is the first that I have heard of this. Never mind my love." He kissed her head and made his way back to the throne room with Killian close by.

"David, I need her." He pleaded.

"Take her. I disagree with her. Take Emma with you. I trust you."

Killian nodded. "Thank you so much." He slipped back into the Underworld and got his chariot and four of his best horses ready.

After at least thirty years of waiting, Emma would finally be his.

Emma knelt down into the grass. It turned a bright and beautiful shade of green. Pink roses had sprung up and she smiled. She felt understood by nature. Mostly because she was the one who influenced it. The peace was disturbed when there was a heavy and constant stomping sound. She placed her hand on the ground and the smile faded. It was horses that were headed in her direction. Even though they were coming closer, she couldn't see the face that was leading the animals to her. He was covered in a dark cloak. She couldn't move. She was stuck. A black smoke was surrounding her feet and holding her to the ground. As the chariot came closer, the figure grabbed her by the arm and brought her onto it.

"Mother! Father! Help me please!" Emma screamed before being sucked up into a crack and brought somewhere dark.

Another captainswan au. I've wanted to do one of these for a while actually, so I'm hoping that you love it as much as I do.

Thanks to xBlueAvenue for the amazing cover as well.😉