Chapter 2

*Victoria's POV*

I sent a cross to Alex as everyone started to trickle onto the field to warm up for our first match of the victory game. It was still hard to believe that Abby Wambach found me playing soccer in the park, and that I had the honor of playing soccer with all of the women that I looked up to for so long.

I jumped when a hand grabbed my shoulder. I jumped, my heart just about leaping out of my chest. I turned around and Tobin Heath smiled at me apologetically.

"Sorry kid. But it's time to do drills, and then we have to meet the group that's singing the National Anthem and make them feel welcome." Tobin smirked when she signed this, and I was really confused. Everyone was acting weird, and wouldn't tell me who was singing the National Anthem.

"Who's singing it?" I signed.

Tobin just grinned and signed back "Nice try kid. You'll have to find out for yourself."

I pouted, and Tobin laughed, jokingly covering her eye, shaking her head.

"Nice try kiddo. But you're not getting it out of any of us, even softie Tobs over here." Abby signed with a smirk as she came up behind Tobin.

I pouted but Abby just laughed ruffling my hair. She threw her arm around my shoulder and Tobin walked alongside us after mockingly punching Abby's arm. The rest of the team grinned as they ran toward me.

I laughed as they basically dogpiled me. I had missed this team so much. For the last few weeks I had to fly back with Abby and Sara to go to several different hospitals to see if anything would or could work so that I could finally hear, but so far nothing has worked.

I'm guessing Abby had already told everyone that it hadn't went well and not to ask because they all just signed different greeting and told me how much they had missed me.

After a while of them on top of me in a dogpile, I started struggling to breathe. I gasped for air as I frantically tried to nudge or hit people on top of me. I seemed to get Hope's attention because she suddenly started pulling people off me.

Immediately the team was surrounding me, asking me questions and if I was okay. I love this team but sometimes it's like being surrounded by a group of mother's. And in moments like these, it makes me feel pathetic. How am I supposed to take care of myself or anyone else if I couldn't hear or talk?! Why couldn't I just be normal?!

I shot up, and without answering any of my teammates I ran away, accidentally running into a group of people. I quickly signed sorry as I ran, doubting they caught it. My vision started to blur as I ran. It wasn't until I sank down against the wall after a while, and touched my face, that I realized I was crying.

Why couldn't I just be normal? Why did I have to be a burden to everyone?! I just wanted to be able to play with my teammates like a normal kid without everyone worrying so much about me. I put my face in my hands, just wishing things could be different.

I jumped, my heart racing when a hand touched my shoulder. I scooted back fearfully, but I felt my jaw drop when I looked up. It wasn't one of my teammates like I expected. But it happened to be a member of my favorite band; who also happened to be my celebrity crush; Katherine Cimorelli.

Well things just got more interesting. I thought sarcasticall as she helped me wipe my tears. I just met my celebrity crush who thinks I can hear and speak. What could go wrong?