Ranty Rant Rant

Ok. Here we go. Rant time. You may want to skip this part. Afterwards we'll pretend this never happened.

OK. You wanna know what really pisses me off??

At lunch today a couple of my friends broke a highlighter and the outer plastic was in a bunch of jagged shards.

So two of them take the pieces and started DRAGGING THEM OVER THEIR WRISTS.

Friend (uninvolved)- "What are you doing?"

Friend 1 (doing it)- *mock dramatically* "Ending it all!"

Friend 2 (doing it)- "See? Its across the lawn-" *moves it horizontally* "Not down the street." *moved shard vertically*

And I just stared at them pretending to slice their wrists as my brain tried processing it.

I wanted to pound my fists into them so hard that their bones would snap. I wanted to stand up and cuss them out.

But I didn't do anything. And as I tried to restrain myself it only resulted in hyperventilating and a panic attack. I wanted to cry. I almost did cry.

So I calmed myself down, but didn't talk to those two for the rest of the day.

I'm sorry I'm so butt-hurt about this, but IT'S SO INCONSIDERATE! If someone is going through enough mental/emotional pain that they feel the only way to forget is hurting themselves YOU DON'T ACT LIKE THAT. Or if someone hated themselves so much they feel they don't deserve feeling physically ok. Self harm is serious. It's hurt so many and it sickens me when people joke about it.

I hate the emo stereotype for it too! It isn't just 'emos' that self harm. Sure I listen to different music and wear combat boots. But I don't define myself as emo and I've considered self harm before. (I haven't done it thankfully.)

Was that all I had to say? I guess so. I'm sorry, but this was necessary. I'm just so sick of it- this isn't the first time. I don't know if I'll be able to hold myself back if it happens again.