❀ Part 6

Present

|Ellie's POV|

"Wait, what happened to happened to the knights and bishops after they were resurrected?" I asked with my propped elbow and rested cheek to my palm.

"They didn't remember anything what happened in the tower so they went back and concluded that witches are fake and just invented rumors about it. But," He trailed off and felt tensed to his deep stare at me. I still kept my face blank and wrinkled my forehead. He continued, "I think they won't last long to live."

"Why is that?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"I read from a book that when someone resurrected from the dead the master or the one who resurrected them should be always with them or else they would rot to death. In other words, they're like puppets with strings because a necromancer can control them whatever he want though with my brother's absence they won't last anyway." I nodded but then I remembered another mystery that wasn't included in his account.

"I have another question, is it true witches eat humans in exchange for immortality?"

"And where did you get that?" He knitted his eyebrows.

"The rumors say it." I shrugged.

He shook his head and said, "No, it's not true and don't believe it."

"Then how come people keep disappearing in the forest?" I argued, still suspicious.

"Maybe something accident happened." He suggested with a shrug.

"But still—" He cut me off unamused. I hope he's not mad again.

"Like I said it's not true." I nodded and sighed in defeat. I looked to the window and widen my eyes as the sun were already in half behind a hill, meaning the night will fall soon and I needed to get back or else I'll face my father's doom.

"Sorry Jungkook it's getting late I have to go now! Thanks again for this flower crown." I hurriedly said and stood up but a hand grabbed my left wrist; stopping me.

"Wait!" He exclaimed, causing another flutter in my heart again.

"Will you please come back here again?" He begged. I can't resist saying yes to this attractive boy and I think I was bewitched right now. Though he's not really a witch just half but still, even without a spell he can do it right naturally. Since I have nothing much to do this vacation why not I spend my time here.

"Sure I will...Kookie" I smirked and sprinted away from him. I'm not sure but I think I saw him surprised the moment I mentioned the nickname given to him.

Hence, I ran back swiftly to my grandma's house and made it just time. My father wasn't home yet which is weird but I guess he did some outside business. We ate dinner then I did the usual routine. Before I go to sleep, I gently hanged the flower crown at the back of the door and looked at it. I reminisced earlier the time we spent together and learned the mystery of the witches and the tower. Yet, one mystery is still bugging me and that is the disappearances. I'm not convinced that it's just an accident and I could feel there's something more behind it. Whatever it is I will definitely find out.

The next day, I slowly opened my eyes and rubbed it as I sat up and looked to the blurry window beside me. I wiped it out and smiled when a very tiny white balls gradually falling onto the ground.

"Finally it's winter!" I whispered to myself.

I slid down off the bed and changed to a white long sleeve dress with a thick coat and leather boots. I went downstairs and saw my grandma preparing our breakfast.