Chapter 5

The moonlight shone over the pale skin resting on the white pillow. Long eyelashes fluttered but didn't open, telling Wolfgan his prince was deeply sleeping. Wolfgan invaded the room, tainting the pureness of Geoffrey's silence with the terrible clacking of his armor, the loud thumping of his boots, but Geoffrey only inhaled deeply, lying on his sides, interlacing his legs with the sheets.

Wolfgan walked closer, eyes caressing the naked legs the sheets failed to cover and let his sword fall on the floor with a loud crashing noise. One hand sunk into the pillow as he hovered upon Geoffrey, and a growl escaped him when a pink tongue wet those soft lips.

Geoffrey's eyes opened. He gasped and choked on a sob before his eyes found Wolfgan. He sat up then, slowly and wary, and put his hands on Wolfgan's chest over the armor, looking up into his eyes with fear.

"What is it, Geoffrey?" he asked.

"You're alive," Geoffrey whispered, resting his head on Wolfgan's chest, hearing the steady, loud and strong heartbeat. He exhaled, slowly, then looked up at Wolfgan.

"A nightmare," he said. Wolfgan gritted his teeth at the innocent sleepy look. His hair was a mess, locks falling in front of his face, some stuck to his sweaty skin. Geoffrey looked around the room as if coming back to reality, then back at Wolfgan. The nastiness back into his eyes.

"What are you doing in my room?" Geoffrey said, gathering the sheets around him, hiding his skin from view, and lighting up the candle with a whispered word.

"I just came back from the camp, and that is how you receive me?" Wolfgan said, drawling and lowering his voice instinctively.

Instead throwing a tantrum, Geoffrey only stared at him, shrinking a little in the bed and searching his eyes. It must have been the tone of his voice. It was always very clear when he was angry and Geoffrey must have noticed it.

"You should put a robe on, you have guests," he said, breathing slowly, trying to control himself. He turned around and walked two steps away so Geoffrey could have his privacy.

"Wolfgan, what has angered you?" Geoffrey said carefully. Wolfgan could hear him moving in the bed, and the soft slap of his feet hitting the floor. "Have I done something to disrespect you?"

"Algus is downstairs..." Wolfgan said, slowly untying his gloves from his rough, calloused hands. "He bring me the most wonderful news."

Wolfgan could hear Geoffrey freezing, but could only imagine his lips trembling. He wanted to smirk, but for this to work, the big bad hullian face would have to stay on.

"Algus? Wolfgan did you mean Algus Kleiderott?" Geoffrey asked, voice breaking. "How did you-"

"I'm married," Wolfgan growled, in hullian. Geoffrey choked.

"Let me explain," Geoffrey whispered, his soft steps making his way towards him.

"Put a robe on, Geoffrey. A white one, please," Wolfgan said, firmly but calm. Geoffrey stopped, cursed softly and walked to his chest. Wolfgan nodded to himself. He knew Geoffrey was now acting out of shock and fear, and soon his amiableness would fade. It would be a long way to tame Geoffrey, but he could do it.

"Wolfgan, I know you are mad but I have a fair explanation for it-" Geoffrey said. Wolfgan could hear him struggling with the robe.

"There is no need of explanation. You have betrayed my trust and almost exposed me and my kingdom to shame."

The trees shaking twenty feet outside the temple outside could be heard in the room. Geoffrey for once held his breath, and said nothing. Wolfgan let the silence fall for some seconds.