12) lost without you

Hazel's p.o.v

I quickly raced to the underworld to see father, when I arrived I found him pacing around his throne room. I quickly spoke up and told him that I wanted to see Nico if it wasn't too late. He then looked at me with sad eyes and shook his head, he was now gone. But even tho he is gone and started a new life, at least that life will hopefully be better than the life he lead here. He will no longer be sad or broken and he will finally be able to move on with his life. I nodded at Pluto and told him I wanted to see him one last time, Pluto looks at me with his dark eyes filled with sorrow and moves the shadows to show me an image of a boy that looked like Nico, he was sitting in a classroom while reading a book and I smiled, he seamed happy. Father then wiped his hand over the shadow and I nodded in thanks at him, and felt tears fall down. my cheeks as I looked down and tried to wipe them away. At that moment I felt two hands envelope me in a big hug and I looked up to see that father was hugging me and trying to sooth my pain. He might not be the best father at times but at least he tries, I smiled at him and hugged back then I slowly moved away and bade him goodbye as I returned home to camp. To Frank.

Note: I'm sorry if this part was a little sad... but I wanted to show that even tho Hazel isn't Nico's full fledged sister, at least she cares a lot for him and wants him to be okay in his next life. Even if it means that she's not in it.