Luke Imagine: Early Morning Snow

"Babe? Babe wake up." A large, soft hand presses against my shoulder, shaking me softly out of my slumber.
I let out an uncomprehensible sigh as I turn over to meet the eyes of my boyfriend. "Luke, what time is it?"
I try to open my eyes, but my eyelids keep closing and my body keeps begging for sleep.
"I don't know. Maybe three in the morning." His voice is much too loud for such an early morning hour, and he sounds like he's wide awake.
"Ugh. Was it really necessary to wake me up?" I finally force my eyes open, and look up at Luke.
"Well," he says. "It's snowing babe, look!" He pulls himself from the confines of our bed, making his way to the curtains of our room. Gently, he pulls them to the side; when I look closely, I can see thick spots of white fall beneath the streetlight below.
"Oh," I say, unamused.
He looks at me with his puppy-dog eyes. "Please?" He asks.
Confused about what he's asking, I raise my eyebrows. "Please...what?"
He moves from the window to my side of the bed, kneeling by my side. His soft, cool lips press against mine momentarily for a chaste kiss before he replies. "Can we pretty please go out and play in the snow?"
"You've got to be kidding me," I groan.
"But (Y/N), c'mon. Please? I never get to see snow. Please?"
I guess I often forget that down in Australia, there aren't many white holidays. His excitement is understandable, and I know he wants to go have fun, but can't it wait until we get some sleep?
"Luke," I whine.
"(Y/N), I promise that if you go out in the snow with me right now, I'll spend the rest of the day in bed with you. Then you can sleep all you'd like. Okay? But for now can we please—"
"Fine, Luke." I give in, smiling up at the beautiful boy before me. A huge grin breaks across his face, and in that moment I'm glad I decided to go out. I mean, look at him. He has a smile that could change the world. He interrupts my train of thought as he presses his lips to mine. A faint hum escapes his lips as he kisses me. "Let's go get our coats," he smiles as he pulls away.
———————————————————————–
Fifteen minutes later, Luke and I are standing in front of my apartment complex, shaking and shivering, not having bothered to change out of our pajamas. My flannel pants do nothing to keep me warm, and even with a warm winter coat covering my torso, I can't help but shiver. The wind nips at my nose and ears, threatening to freeze me in my tracks.
I look over at Luke, who, despite his lack of warm clothing and the frigid temperatures that surround him, seems to be having the time of his life. He stands beneath the streetlight, attempting to catch snowflakes on his tongue.
I stand, mesmerized by my handsome boyfriend. I'll admit, I hate the cold, and I would much rather be in my bed right now, but its nice to see Luke so carefree, so innocent.
"What?" He asks as I stare at him. I shake my head, presenting him with a smug grin.
"Nothing, nothing."
"No, seriously," he asks with a smile. "What's on your mind?"
I shrug, trying not to notice the cold in the air. "You're just really beautiful."
He chuckles. "Isn't that kind of a girly thing to say, (Y/N)?"
I roll my eyes, stepping closer to my boyfriend. "Well, its true!" I argue. "You are beautiful."
He pulls me by the waist, a huge grin still plastered on his face. "No," he laughs. "I'm an awkward, lanky teenage boy. I am in no way beautiful."
I shake my head, moving closer and closer towards him. "B-but you are beautiful! Your voice is beautiful and your face is beautiful and your tallness is beautiful."
He bursts into laughter. "Did you just call my 'tallness' beautiful?"
I nod. "Maybe," I giggle.
We both start laughing, and its only when I get hit by a freezing ball of snow that my laughter subsides. "No you did NOT! I SWEAR TO GOD LUKE I'M GOING TO KILL YOU."
He runs away from me, pulling snow from the ground as he flees. "You can't kill me!" He shouts. "I'm beautiful, remember?" He winks before throwing another batch of snow at me. I chase after him, prepared to make my boyfriend pay for making me freeze.
He's fast, though, much faster than I am. I chase him down the street, determined to catch him. Pausing for a moment, I pull some snow from the ground, smashing it into a ball before racing off again. He's at least fifteen feet away, and I know its doubtful that I'll hit him from here.
Alas, I throw the ball. It veers to the left, and lands nowhere near my tall, blonde boyfriend.
"That's all you got!?" He laughs, beginning to run off again.
I don't dare chase after him though. I'm out of breath, exhausted and freezing. "Luke, I give up. I'm tired and cold."
He stops under another streetlight, his huge grin turning to a frown. "Come here, babe."
I shake my head. "Not if you're gonna throw snow at me."
He raises his hands. "I surrender."
"Promise?" I ask, a small grin tugging at my lips.
"Promise!" He shouts.
I walk towards him with open arms, hoping he's willing to warm up and finally go inside.
When I finally reach him, though, he wraps his arms around me and pushes us both back into a bank of snow. The cold, white snow surrounds me, instantly giving me a chill.
He lays on the ground by my side, laughing harder than I've ever seen him laugh.
"Seriously?" I ask. "Are you kidding me Luke? This is not funny."
He doesn't reply, but instead just lays in the snow heaving with laughter.
I push myself up out of the bank of snow, my clothes now wet and cold from the fall. "I seriously hate you." I begin to walk down the dimly lit street and back to our apartment, when suddenly the laughing stops.
"Wait," he calls. "(Y/N) come back. I'm sorry I swear!"
I hear footsteps chase after me as I reach the front door of my apartment complex. "(Y/N)," he says as he finally reaches me. "I'm sorry. Babe I'm sorry, please don't be mad."
I refuse to look as him as I fumble for my key.
"Y-You don't actually h-hate me, do you?" His voice is filled with concern. Still, I refuse to answer. "Because if you do, you know, hate me, I wouldn't be able to live with myself."
I turn back towards him hesitantly, looking up into his blue eyes, which are illuminated by the light from the lamp post.
"Please don't hate me, babe." A look of genuine concern is plastered across his face.
I step forward and pull him against me for a hug. "I could never hate you, Luke." I say quietly.
Strong arms wrap around me, but silence fills the air.
We stand, embracing for a moment before he speaks. "Good, because, I wouldn't be able to deal with that, you know. Because, uh, well, I love you and yeah."
My cold body is instantly warmed by his words. I look up at him, but he looks terrified. "Y-you love me?"
He nods, tightening his grip around my waist. "I do. I love you."
A smile breaks across my face. "Really?"
He swallows, still looking petrified. "Yeah."
He holds my gaze as I reply quietly, "I love you too, Luke."
His eyes widen, as if he can't believe his ears.
"Really?"
I nod. "Really. Although I wish you wouldn't have gotten snow all over me. It's so cold out here."
He smiles, bringing his fingers to my cheek. "I'm sorry 'bout that," he chuckles. "What do you say we get you inside? You can put on one of my hoodies, and I can make you some tea, that way we can warm you up, yeah?"
I nod. "I'd like that."
He smiles, taking my hand in his. "I like you."
"Actually," I reply. "You love me," I wink.
"That I do," he replies softly, his eyes lighting up once again.
----------------------
Creds: michaelclifourd on Tumblr