Bets

A/n: hi guys I just wanted to thank everyone who has read, voted, and commented on this story. I really appreciate it. :)

Ch 6: Bets

Xoxo

After she agreed to get revenge, Draco packed up his things, grabbed Hermione's hand and led her back to their common room. When they were away from prying ears he spoke "What made you change your mind?"

She shook her head, "sometimes you can only take so much of something before you snap."

"And this is you snapping?" He asked moving towards the couch.

She gave him an amused smile."More or less." She replied, following after him and sitting down beside him.

"Alright then, whose our lucky victim?"

She shook her head, amused. "Well I'm not quite sure."

"Okay Granger lets think. Who hates you so much that they would tarnish your reputation by allowing you to kiss me?" Draco pipes up.

She raised her eyebrow, "Allowing me? More like forcing me. The only ones I can think of is you, the entire Slytherin body, oh and maybe Lavender Brown. She still thinks I have a thing for Ron."

Draco nodded, "well you can cross me off the list." He stated dryly.

"You know Malfoy, I've been thinking."

He gave her a look that seemed to say 'when aren't you.'

She smiled and continued, "I don't think that the enchantment was meant for me."

"You think it was meant for me?" He guessed. When she nodded a smug smile appeared on his lips.

"Well of course it was me, what girl wouldn't do what ever it takes to get my attention?" He flashed her a dazzling smile then ran his hand through his hair, as if he was Adonis reincarnated.

She let out a snort then blushed at the unladylike sound. He watched her cover her mouth with her hand. Then a sudden thought hit him.

"Do you know if the enchantment is traceable?"

Her eyes widened, she hadn't thought about it. "You know I'm not sure I'll send an owl to George, and ask."

She knew the redhead would help because he loved causing trouble. She quickly got up and pulled out a piece of parchment and a quill. She scribbled a letter to George, explaining her situation and asked him if the potion was retractable. After finishing, she sealed it and put it in her bag so she could mall it first thing in the morning.

When she was done she sat back down by Malfoy. She looked at him out of the corner of her eyes. His eyes were focused on the fire that he had created when she left.

"Who do you think it was?" She wondered.

"Daphne or Astoria Greengrass, or maybe Pansy,' Actually, I bet it was Pansy." he replied, as he closed his eyes, "the crazy Bint is obsessed with me."

Hermione shrugged, "Honestly I've been thinking that it was Daphne Greengrass."

"Why's that?" He asked.

"You haven't noticed?"

He turned his head and looked into her eyes, waiting for her to continue. She almost squeaked in surprise at how close they were now, but she didn't move. His silver eyes consumed her and she suddenly felt nervous.

"Um well, She follows you around a lot, and stares as if your her knight clad in green armour." The Gryffindor stated, turning her face away from his.

"Jealous Granger?" He teased, smiling when her cheeks tinted red. It amazed him that after all the history they had, he was able to sit here and tease her playfully, as if they had been friends for years instead of weeks.

Hermione shook her head at his playfully words. Am I jealous? she questioned herself. But of what? It couldn't possibly be because of Daphne's stalking habits could it? No she shook her head again she definitely wasn't jealous, she was just perceptive.

A small part of her knew she was lying, however she chose to ignore it.

"What do you say Granger?"

She blinked turning her attention to the blond. "Say to what?" She asked sheepishly. She was so lost in though, she hadn't even heard him speak.

"Betting."

She raised her eyebrow. Her chocolate brown eyes filled with curiosity. "A bet? What kind of bet."

"The simple kind." he joked closing his eyes once again. "You think it's Greengrass but I think it's Pansy."

"So?"

"So if I win, you let me take you out on a date."

Her eyes widened and her heart beat sped up. He wanted to what?! She freaked out internally. She tried to wrap her head around his words. Why would he want to take her out on a date? They had only been friends for a few weeks. But the real question she found herself asking was this: Did she even want to go out on a date with him?

"And if I win?" she breathed, trying not to let it seem like his words had affected her as much as they did.

His lips twitched into a smile. Not a smirk or a cocky smug grin, but a real smile that reached his eyes and caused his perfect white teeth to show.

"Well if you win Granger, then you get to take me out on a date."

Vote

&

Comment

-Bel_Jackson