Chapter 12

"Nicole I don't know what the hell I am going to wear to this date. I was kind of glad he had to push it a week later because then it gave me time to find something but it did me no good!" I complained as I paced around in my closet.

"Calm down Jay. You own so many gorgeous dresses you have to have something. Let me take a look." She started looking through my dressed.

"What about this one?" I turned and dropped what was in my hand. Nikki gave me a worried look.

"No." I then started to pick up the shoes I dropped.

"Why not?"

"It was James' favorite dress."

"I can see why." That made me crack a smile.

"Do you even know where he is taking you?"

"Now that I think about it no."

"Good but he did say nothing to fancy at least that is what he told John."

"Wait John knows?" I asked confused.

"Jay why would you think he introduced you guys in the first place. All he wants is his little sister happy."

------

"Jay you look beautiful!" She was gushing over how great I looked. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled.

"I just hope he thinks the same." I mumbled smoothing out the dress.

"He is trust me!"

-------
Nicole and I sat on the couch just talking.

"What time did he say he was coming?" She asked.

"At 8." I sighed and looked at the time. Nicole got up.

"It's almost 9 and he is not here. I will be right back." I nodded and watched Nicole step outside. I sighed and went upstairs to my closet. I took off the heels and then the dress. I put on leggings, a sweatshirt, and slippers. I threw my hair in a messy bun and went back downstairs. Nikki was still outside on the phone so I grabbed a cup of coffee and turned on the TV. I was scrolling through twitter to see if there was anything new but there was something that caught my eye.

"Cesaro seen with Ex-girlfriend Sara Del Rey" My heart dropped.

"NICOLE!"

"What's wrong?" She came rushing in. I showed her my phone and she looked at me with sad eyes.

"Oh Jess." She went to hug me but I stood up.

"No it's okay. I really don't want your pity Nicole. I'm used to it honestly. I saw it coming. But I'm gonna go for a drive. If I'm not back in an hour call me." I grabbed my wallet and keys and went out to my car and started it up. I pulled out of the driveway and just started driving down. I ended up at this dinner where I always bring Chrissy. I parked the car and went inside. I sat in the usual booth I sit in when I come here.

"Hey sweetheart. What can I get you?"

"What's good for a broken heart?"

"Aw sweetheart anything sweet is good."

"I'll have a vanilla milkshake and an order of fries."

"Coming right up love."

As I was waiting for my order my phone started going off. I looked and it was John wanting to face time meaning it was Chrissy because she was with him for the night. I accepted the call and saw Chrissy who had the biggest smile on her face.

"Hey mom! How is it going?"

"Oh um it's going good."

"Good can I talk to Antonio?!" she smiled. I sighed and shook my head and of course she being who she is asked why not so I had told her he had run to use the bathroom.

"Can I talk to your Uncle John please baby." she smiled and nodded and handed him the phone.

"Call me" was all I said and I hung up the call. Seconds later he called me.

"What's up?"

"He stood me up John. I was waiting for an hour and he never showed. So I just changed out of my dress and everything and decided to go on twitter and he was scene being all lovey dovey with his ex. Sara."

"Jess. I'm so sorry. I feel like this is my fault. If I hadn't introduced you.." I cut him off.

"No it is not your fault. This just shows I'm not ready to move on. Maybe I never will be." with that I hung up and ate my fries and drank my milkshake.